Search results

1. D

Cancer Killing Gemini- hard rock, congas, funky organ, vomit, and a drum solo

My band just released a tune I think you guys would like. It is what you might call a genre bender. The verses have a funky conga thing going on. The choruses are straight up hard rock. The bridge you just have to listen to. Funky organ + super-compressed room mic drum solo. Check it out. It's...
  2. D

Original song: sounds like Steely Dan x Nine Inch Nails?

Hey guys, my band Cancer Killing Gemini recorded this a couple months ago. A couple of my drummer friends really liked it, so I'm wondering what the general consensus is. I was attempting to channel Gadd on this one. It's got a weird vibe. I always have trouble describing what the song sounds...
  3. D

Blues Tune with a Wild Double Drumset Groove

http://www.leocrandall.com (track 8- burnin' down the dog) When we first had the idea to include a tune with two drumsets on the album, I scoured the web for anything similar to what I was imagining. But whenever I found something with two kit players, they were almost always playing in unison...
  4. D

Open back headphones for live click track?

Hey guys I've just started playing with a band that uses a live click track. The only thing coming through the phones will be the click, so I don't care what the phones sound like. The only thing I care about is hearing the live sound undistorted. And I play with a pair of custom mold earplugs...
  5. D

Practicing while living in a city?

I'm moving to Boston real soon, but I've never lived in a building with other people before. What do city people do for storage and practice? I saw some practice space warehouse type places online, but I can't keep my drums there, and I don't want to play their crappy community sets anyway...
  6. D

Guess my influences on this track

When I write drum parts, all I do is rip people off. If anyone can name the drummers I was channelling on this track, I'll give you mad props. http://soundcloud.com/bransonny/hit-and-run