Search results

1. Drummer Karl

Agop 30th Anniversary Hi-Hat...

Hej! I thought this beauty is worth a thread. Shopped it today in Cologne (which is now very near since I study at Folkwang Conservatory in Essen)...I tested two versions. I got the one with a light bottom. There was another one with a heavier bottom which sounded cool but had some frequencies...
  2. Drummer Karl

Live videos with the sax trio...

Good day to you, after some time I want to post some new music. In september I had the first (full-length) concert with a trio called "TreeDom". We spent time at home, writing and developing a sound. I love this group...when we started off we played some Orenette Coleman and oriental world...
  3. Drummer Karl

My first Meinl...

God dag everyone! Well, again I got a new pie. This has to stop certainly. :-) The new toy is a Meinl, my first Meinl actually. A "Jazz" Extra Thin Ride in 22". I saw this one when I helped a friend find a new ride. I tested the 22" and the 20" version, the 22" could send out more love...
  4. Drummer Karl

Original Composition - Audition Recording

Hey! Strange enough...recently I`m just recording for auditions. Last week for a singer I worked with and today I did recordings with my sax trio for auditions at conservatories. Well, it`s an original composition I wrote recently, entitled "Mr. Sørensen's Unbeating Heart". It`s still very...
  5. Drummer Karl

Standard Arrangement - Birthday Recording Session

Hey yo! I had a fun birthday recording session on monday (the singer and me have birthday on the 21st). It`s kind of a project band of music collegues. It features piano, double bass, a great singer I didn`t know before and my humble self on drums. We had two rehearsals before the recording...
  6. Drummer Karl

Good work Bill Stewart!

Yeah, so imagine a small, sleepy guy: Karl. Looking for a nice new pie...specifically he is looking for a (since version one is discontinued) rare ride cymbal, a K Custom Dry Complex Ride 22" version one. Thin, in good shape, sexy...the cymbal I mean. Well, one day he finds this cymbal...
  7. Drummer Karl

Jazzprix and recordings

Hey guys, first I have some news...with my piano trio "Blue Break" I played in Bavaria last saturday where the finals of the German and Czech "Jazzprix" were set. It`s an official bilateral prize, which is remunerated with 10,000 € prize money for the first place. Luckily there was no...
  8. Drummer Karl

Guitar Trio Live Recording

Hi, last thursday I played session opener with a new guitar trio. We rehearsed one time. Thomas (gtr) recorded the gig with his Zoom recorder and sent it to me and I thought I would make a little compilation of this gig. You can listen to it on my myspace page here...
  9. Drummer Karl

Some Live Recordings

Hey, long time no see. Hope you all are doing well! I recorded a gig with my piano trio yesterday and uploaded an original composition I wrote, entitled "The Milkman". I also have some instant composing with a guitar trio, entitled "WoRT LIVE" and "Remember Hacienda". Guests for that night...
  10. Drummer Karl

House Concert with Sax, Bass and Drums...

Hi everybody! I just thought I would post this one. Yesterday I had the opportunity to play a private house concert with a sax player and a bassist for a jazz lover and his guests. It`s been a great and long night. Great weather, great food and an interested and open-minded audience. The...
  11. Drummer Karl

Upcoming Piano Trio Album (2010)...

Hi everyone! Again something from me for you. =) Well, this summer we (the piano trio "Blue Break") are going to release our first official album, entitled "Beautiful Mind". I just made a preview for you to take a listen if you want to. The CD features all original compositions. We`re really...
  12. Drummer Karl

Basement Video - Solo

Hi! Yesterday I just set up the mics, my camera and recorded a solo, improvised free form. I recorded the stuff with my Samsung NV24 and two Rode NT2000 condensers in ORTF position. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG3oQCR1Zmo Best, Karl
  13. Drummer Karl

HD Studio Video

Hi, here`s some footage shot right after recording my piano trios first official album. Nothing composed or "planned" in any way, just some improvised music at the end of a great recording weekend. Moreover, the producer wanted to test his new Canon 5D mk2... Might be kind of a little preview...
  14. Drummer Karl

Session House Band footage

Hey there! Since I`m playing with a Jazz session house band (piano-trio) we recorded some stuff and made a myspace site. We open the monthly session in a great club (in May the Lynne Arriale is gonna play featuring Randy Brecker there!). The pieces I uploaded are "Passion Dance" by McCoy Tyner...
  15. Drummer Karl

Set-up video + another new Agop...

Hello everyone! Today, early in the morning I received a package which contained a very nice 20" Agop Signature ride! The pie weighs 1702 grams and I traded it with my Mel Lewis 21". Yes, the Mel has gone...quite unexpected but especially before recording with my piano trio I wanted to get a...
  16. Drummer Karl

Some gig stuff

Hej! Well, I just finished that last written exam today (yahoo) and had enough time to synchronise video footage of a gig I had with the piano trio last tuesday. As I am writing it`s 4 AM, I`m listening to some Joris Roelofs and I don`t find a reason to sleep...no school tomorrow, just...
  17. Drummer Karl

Another Agop cymbal...beautiful!

Hi! Mhhhh, some time ago I couldn`t resist again. Ordered another Istanbul Agop pie from Tony (Cymbalsonly.com). I`ve always wanted a flat ride. So, I did it again and got a 20" Agop Turk Flat Ride. It`s 1710g light, unlathed and produces the typical dry Turk sound. Short decay, fast response...
  18. Drummer Karl

Identity crisis or unconscious future thoughts?

Hi everyone. I havn`t been online a lot lately. No internet, learning for my final examinations...however, I know that here are some experienced musicians from the USA. That`s the reason I`m writing here. I`m asking you for opinion and thoughts. Since school will end soon (this summer) I have...
  19. Drummer Karl

Various action and set-up photos...

Hi everybody! I thought that -after a long time being off this site- I should post some photos again. Currently, I`m heavily involved in my final examinations, so time for rehearsing and being online is very limited indeed but soon school will be over. =) Anyway, here I`ve got some photos in a...
  20. Drummer Karl

Duo, Trio and Quintet footage...

Hi everybody! Long time no see. I thought I`d now share some "new" footage. Well, in fact the quintet stuff is from summer 09 and the trio tunes from september. Oh well...I guess I can`t even define new for myself. Anyway, I`m currently writing this with my new MacBook...which is a great...