Search results

1. Silver’n’Smac

Mid-to-upper level Double Bass Pedal Comparison

Friggin lovely lol. Now I really can’t wait to test that baby out. Thanks for validating that it was a good buy. I was questioning myself at first for spending that much. In the next week or two, I’ll upload some pics of my kit and setup and I’d dig any feedback.
  2. Silver’n’Smac

Awesome - looking forward to them arriving any day now.
  3. Silver’n’Smac

X-Hat setup

I wanted the 13” since my AAX’s are 14” but I couldn’t find one at a good price so I went with the 14”. It’s kinda weird - I’ve played drums on and off for about 10-15 years but but here I am now at the age of 50 and I’m just now really digging my setup and my kit and finally committed to...
  4. Silver’n’Smac

X-Hat setup

Hey thanks, I’ll have to give the XSR’s a listen. I just received the New Beats a few days ago and like I said, I’m using them as auxiliary hats to go opposite my AAX stage hats and so far I really like the sound. A lot of people seemed to criticize the sound of the NB in the closed position...
  5. Silver’n’Smac

Again, thanks for the feedback! I ended up ordering the Pearl P932’s today, along with the Tricks drive shaft so that I can instantly make that switch. Seemed like a goo long term choice. And got them new at a price I could afford.
  6. Silver’n’Smac

Tama Speed Cobra 910 double bass pedals

lol first and only truly dumb thing I’ve read on this forum😝 😜
  7. Silver’n’Smac

So I finally made a decision today and ordered the Pearl P932 Demonator (double bass) and Tricks Retrofit Driveshaft. I got them both brand new for what I believe is a good price ($205 for the pedals and $114 for the driveshaft - $345 for both out the door). Even though they're new pedals and...
  8. Silver’n’Smac

Good deal on New Beat Hats?

All I know is I love Sabian. The NB hats I recently bought (and waiting for) will be the only non-Sabian cymbals I’ve ever owned (other than my 10” Paiste splash) so I guess I’ll have my own opinion about this once the NB’s arrive 👍
  9. Silver’n’Smac

Yeah that makes sense, thanks.
  10. Silver’n’Smac

Well I've come to the conclusion that I'm not nearly skilled enough to warrant spending that much on the speed cobra 910's (or similar high end pedals). . . . . .I'm gonna try out the Pearl D932 Demonators and some others in the same class (Iron Cobra 600's and DW3000's) and see how those feel...
  11. Silver’n’Smac

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all of the responses/feedback. Well, the funny thing is that the Iron Cobra 2 leg hi hat stand is the one I have but it seems like the drive shaft length ends up pushing my hi hat pedal farther to the left than is really comfortable. Maybe I should be pushing...
  12. Silver’n’Smac

There are a few things I don’t like about my current pedals and I will admit that maybe it’s my own lack of understanding the hardware rather than the pedals themselves: 1. The left kick just doesn’t seem to be as smooth or fully in sync with the right side. The beats just don’t seem in sync...
  13. Silver’n’Smac

Too late! I already ordered the NewBeats LOL Oh well, I'll find out and decide for myself. I plan on using them as my auxiliary hats but I can always periodically swap with my AAX stage hats. Hey roncadillac, I just started a new thread regarding the double bass pedals, just to get some...
  14. Silver’n’Smac

Hey everyone, I was getting set to buy new Tama Speed Cobra 910 double pedals but RonCadillac (another member) provided me with some super helpful feedback so I'm looking for something that will better suit my needs/skill level. I'm 50 years old and while I'm athletic enough, I'm no spring...
  15. Silver’n’Smac

Thanks fellas!
  16. Silver’n’Smac

I’m gonna start a new thread regarding the pedals I listed above, just get more feedback on the non-Tama pedals you may not have as much experience with. Thanks for all of your feedback. Really appreciate it!
  17. Silver’n’Smac

Ok so I’m assuming you think even the Iron Cobra 900’s & DW5000’s would be overkill for me? If so, it seems like the Cobra 600’s, DW-3000’s and Pearl Demonator 932’s are comparable step downs from those higher end ones. The Pearl’s seem to consistently get “best bang for your buck” reviews...
  18. Silver’n’Smac

OK cool - you’ve convinced me. If I send you a few models under $300, can you give me your opinion? And any thoughts about getting the Tricks drive shaft, regardless of which pedals I end up with?
  19. Silver’n’Smac

Hey guys - I appreciate all the feedback. Looking forward to receiving the New Beats any day now. RonCadillac: your comments regarding the Speed Cobras are making me think twice. First off, while I would say I’m in pretty good shape for a guy my age, the reality is that I’m 50 years old and...
  20. Silver’n’Smac

Yeah I ended up getting them brand new for $230 after shipping and tax. Can’t wait to hear them. Seemed like they were going used for about $50 less so I figured it wasn’t much more of a hit to the pocketbook to get them new.