Search results

1. Peedy

Good cymbals for metal(Preferably Zildjian)

Completely agree with you sentiment. Grew up friends with one of the founders of the band Death. Great guy all the way around, but that genre of music was never going to scratch where I itch. Love the person, the music is optional. Pete
  2. Peedy

Good cymbals for metal(Preferably Zildjian)

Huh. Played that at church just last week. Darker arrangement though. Yeah, our older members are real headbangers. Old Ms. Johnson is off the hook, yo. Pete
  3. Peedy

Silent hi-hats too loud!!!

Two of them if you count the one in the gig bag. It’s possible your x-ray vision is on the fritz and you didn’t see it. Lois isn’t going to be happy.
  4. Peedy

And just to prove I didn't come up with the idea on my own, here's the mutes being used as I do. These are also listed on eBay Spain but they're being sold from the United States. To me, it doesn't make sense to buy them outside of the European Union. (Shrug)...
  5. Peedy

Sure thing. These are for sale in Germany but listed on eBay Spain. Get 2 as for full effect, you'll need one on top and one in between. https://www.ebay.es/itm/Evans-HQ-SoundOff-Mute-14-SO-14-Tom-Snare-Mute/383694080580?hash=item5955f30a44:g:VFMAAOSwYelbkUVU
  6. Peedy

Best Cover Ever?

All I know is I can (mercifully) get the Shaggs outta my head. But not that guys cover.
  7. Peedy

Small Dent on Edge of New HI Hats

Hey Scottie. If you’re in So. Cal. and it bothers you that much, we can make it flat again. My church and tools, our masks and your time. If not, it’s fine as is. Pete
  8. Peedy

The nice thing about my fix is that you can buy 2 of those pads for 20 bucks and even after you make the small hole for the lower and 1.5 inch hole for the top, you can still use the in your cymbal bag as originally intended. No wasted cash if you hate them as mutes! Pete
  9. Peedy

I’ve seen those. They’re much louder at the hi hats. Note that my hats have one on top of and in between the cymbals so that neither stick nor foot work is loud.
  10. Peedy

Soft/heavy sounding hi-hats

Well, OK, so I didn't put the post up when I said. It came down to the reality that I needed some brief videos of all three of the different roads to truth. The first part is method while the second part will be advice. I've been thinking about this thread for more than a week plus and right...
  11. Peedy

I never have to dampen my hi hats cause I've got that "covered". Naturally, this is my practice kit. The padding still gives me enough rebound to build muscle memory. I got most of the pads with the kit when I bought it six years ago. Oh, and we live in an apartment and have never had a...
  12. Peedy

Four Stroke Roll Lead Hand?

My "Like" is evenly spread across responders. The thing is (and the primary reason for asking is) that the left is never going to be as good as the right. BP in the right is religiously 120/70 while the left is 95/55 because of the surgery. That ain't a-gonna change. On the upside, the left...
  13. Peedy

Four Stroke Roll Lead Hand?

Factors: 1. I'm right handed. 2. I had surgery 7 years ago that left my right hand/arm even more dominant. The left side isn't weak, just behind. My general question is, when you start rolls, rudiments and or grooves, which hand do you normally lead with? The weird thing for me is that...
  14. Peedy

Has anyone ever felt like they need to hold onto the stick far up or all the way back?

We did a 12-8 song for Zoom Church last week. It was the first time I ever played 12-8 live. I used bundles choked way up till only 40% was extending past my hands. It was the only way I could control speed and accents. Felt weird but it worked out well. Pete
  15. Peedy

Hi. We really need to know what you're using these hi hats for. Is this a practice set and you live in an apartment with thin walls? Or maybe you're at a super small venue getting in the way of the vocalist or . . . ? The answer will be different depending on what you're doing with them. Pete
  16. Peedy

Old vs. new

I’m sure. My own kit is a 1990 Premier, though I wouldn’t call that quite vintage. But my cymbals would certainly qualify! Old drum kits just have an amazing feel and sound. And who here wouldn't cut off a finger in trade for the same model drum kit that Ringo Starr played early in his Beatle...
  17. Peedy

Old vs. new

I know there are tons of Pro Drummers out there (I ain’t one so slack that is cut is most appreciated) but I revisit old stuff and am amazed how I love it . . . after enough practice to get good at using it. I kinda like the search for drum equipment that I can grow into using. Pete
  18. Peedy

Gone Too Soon

In my early life I worked as a hospital engineering mechanic for 7 years. The first time I was in a room while a human being moved from life to death I was only 19 years old (I acted as security during a code blue). It was a life changing experience for me. Mitch’s life will continue through...
  19. Peedy

what are your hobbies (legal ones ) !

Edit - my hobby? The zone where the past meets the present. Today I used a modern computer for a zoom meeting. But I also carry a fountain pen from 1927 and use it daily. “We stand on the shoulders of those who have come before us” Edit #2 - Adding a photo. Always had a thing for Sheaffer...
  20. Peedy

what are your hobbies (legal ones ) !

Love the painting. When looking at the re-enacter I hear a voice speaking to me, “lo, what approacheth mine territory but the drone of a mini-van come to take me home.“ Pete