Search results

1. B

I need 18" diecast hoops, please help!

Building a kit for myself and I have already bought all parts except the black chrome 18 inch diecast hoops for my floor tom. I was originally told it was just on back order but now they say they can't even get them. Dilemma!!!! I thought I would put it on here in hopes that you guys/gals may...
  2. B

Touring drummer payscale?

Just wondering what the average touring drummer makes. Lots of variables, I know, but is a touring drummer making a teachers salary or driving a Bently?
  3. B

drum size question...

I just purchased a few brand new Keller shells from someone. I bought a 26" kick, 13 rack and 18 floor tom. I am wanting to get a 15 or 16 and have this kit as a one up, two down configuration but if I just keep the 13 rack and 18 floor tom, do you think the two will be too far apart tonally...
  4. B

My 8 year old rocked his talent show tonight

I'm a proud Daddy right now. 8 years old playing his little heart out to one of Metallicas biggest hits. Thanks for watching! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUPG-4nQbqU
  5. B

Just wondering...

If you could spend an entire day with an instructor or drummer of your choice, who would it be?
  6. B

Meinl Sabian comparison...

I am fairly familiar with Sabian but would really like to take a closer look at Meinl. A few shops near here "can get them" but none of them have a Meinl display so you can actually hear them. Can anyone tell me which models of Meinl are near equals to the Sabian line. For example: Sabian...
  7. B

tuning nightmare...

First, I have been thru the archives and read so many tuning posts my eyes hurt. I have taken the advice and watched every video from Bob Gatzen and it boils down to this... I suck at tuning drums. I am as frustrated as it gets! My kit is a new Sonor special edition Birch 6 piece. 10, 12...
  8. B

Just curious....

I've been drumming now for about two years and damn near everything I know is self taught by way of listening, reading, watching video's, etc. I would love to take lessons but have given the extra money I have to my 7 year old son for his drum lessons. Last night a buddy of mine came over to...
  9. B

Custom built kit (picture)

My sons drum teacher is John Dutra from GuerrillaDrumMaking.com. He just finished building another beautiful kit and this is his new personal kit. I'll post more details about the sizes, types of wood, etc. soon. I thought this kit was beautiful and wanted to post it for everyone else to see...
  10. B

My Drum room

Just snapped this pic of my drum room. My wife is starting to hate me.... Our first kit (my son and I) is the nearest on the left-front of the pic, it's a Sound Percussion. This is what gave us our start. Santa Claus later got us that purdy Sonor in the background and the Roland actually...
  11. B

My son, 7, rockin out!

He was eager for me to record him and put him on YouTube. Just thought I'd share here on the forum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PVzcVPS1-c
  12. B

Proud Daddy....

A buddy of mine loaned my his Roland electric kit to check out. My 7 year old son got a hold of it and although really tired, he wanted me to record him. It's not perfect but I am very proud of his progress with his drumming so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PVzcVPS1-c
  13. B

I need help (sound equip/recording)

My son and I are farily new to drumming and I am wanting to start looking into sound equipment. I have researched the mics a little but was wondering about a PA, sub, amp and other equipment needed. I am totally cluless when it somes to this stuff folks. I really need good advice. The need...
  14. B

First time playing with a guitarist...

I've only been playing drums for about a year and a half. A few months ago while at a birthday party, a friend of mine walked up to me and asked me if I played the drums. I responded yes, but was quick to tell him I was VERY new. He told me he had been playing guitar most of his life and...
  15. B

Mapex V Series???

I have a friend that has a Mapex V Series kit in his attic that he no longer has room for. He's asked me what it's worth but I have no clue. I have looked it up on line and it looks to be Mapex's entry level kit made of Basswood. It does have hardware and cymbals but I dont know what brands...
  16. B

Cheap but good way to record...

Hey folks, My son has been drumming now for just over a year and I have been wanting to start recording him, not because he's great and not to become a YouTube drummer. I just thought it would be cool to video him from time to time and use that as a way to create an album of his...
  17. B

Help, hands falling asleep, hurting.

I've only been drumming for about a year now and I am having a hell of a time with my hands falling asleep and pretty extreme fatigue when playing hard or fast. Is anyone else experiencing this? Aside from any medical condition I may have, I just want to make sure I am doing everything...
  18. B

My 6 yr. old son's first gig

My son just played his first gig, a school talent show and I'd thought I'd share. Hope you enjoy it. There are two videos, one from a day show, one from the night show. Lighting was a mess in the beginning but it ended well. http://www.youtube.com/user/BUZZB8Z#p/a/u/1/LkVUQHp9Q0w...
  19. B

My 6 yr. old playing his first gig...

My son just played his first gig, a school talent show and I'd thought I'd share. Hope you enjoy it. There are two videos, one from a day show, one from the night show. Lighting was a mess in the beginning but it ended well. http://www.youtube.com/user/BUZZB8Z#p/a/u/1/LkVUQHp9Q0w...
  20. B

New respect for gigging Drummers...

My son and I are new drummers of only a year or so. Over the last few days, he has had talent show try-outs, rehersal, a student show and an evening show. He played a cover of 7 Nation Army by the White Stripes. I had to set-up and tear down each time he played. I didn't have his kit mic'd...