Search results

1. G

How do wood hoops affect sound on toms?

My drumbuilder is going to put hw on my drums. He ask me todat what kind of hoops I want on toms. (I know that I dont want diecast. I find diecast "killing" drums. I love "responsive" drums, since I do not hit (so) hard.) And he wonder if I would like wood hoops or metal hoops on toms... I do...
  2. G

Youtube test of my new Antonio True Solid snare

I made yesterday some recording on my new true soild AntonioDrums snare with differnet tunings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ5jyDiJDDI&feature=player_embedded#! What are you think about sound? ( I think that the microphone pointing too far outwards )
  3. G

Dairy / pic from builder of my new drum set

Diary / pic from builder of my new drum set I have couple of months ago ordered a drum set from Antonio Drums. Antonio Drums have specializing on "true solid shel" including Steam Bend and drums curved out from the trunk of tree. I have at the beginning of 2012 ordered a set in "fusion"...
  4. G

What size on a kick should I order?

I have for about 2 monht ago, order a new shellpack drum set. Its custom set made by AntonioDrums, I´ts elm set, true solid ( shells are made of solid wood, holoowed out of a trunk ). I wanted this set in fusion sizes ( pirmary for funk /jazz-rock/fusion ). So sizes will be 10x7,5" ,12x8" and...
  5. G

Some oil interior of drumshells? Why?

I know that some old drummakers paint inside of shells with white, gray paint,(Tama, Ludwig, Gretch, Hayman etc) "to imporive attack", ( or hide uggly finnish?) . I will NOT do that on my drums. I am more wondering, whay some people oil their new drums with oil? Can it protect shells/wood...
  6. G

Drums,solid shell, carved out of a single massive block

Hi. Anyone here have expirence of drums /drumset (???) made od solid shell carved out of a single massive block? Not to be changed for single ply, steambend drums , like Craviotto, or glued blockstave drums. I know thar Braddy made a few limited snares made of carved wood ( see pict below)...
  7. G

DW Broken Glass ( Finnish Ply? ), help needs....

I have 8" tom and kick DW Collectros, date 2006, accord to seller in finish, Broken Glass. ( I think he even say Finnish Ply ) I want now to buye a floortom from Ebay . But at some pictures, when seller call them Broken Glass, they almost look like a "silver sparkle". Mine are more yellow...