Search results

1. 53Rockets

C & C drums,..

Hi there! I love C&C kits, although i don't own one. Even used, they're a bit out of the price range, at least the ones that come up here in Canada. Do you find a big difference in the sound of the Player Date 1 or 2's? They seem to be the ones that pop up used in these parts and are a bit more...
  2. 53Rockets

Advice on ride cymbal

I might be able to contribute as a fairly new drummer. I found a cymbal i love (22" Paiste Big Beat), and i make a point of changing it's position every 3 or 4 practice sessions. I found that slight adjustments, like height and angle, slightly off to the right, more centred, etc, change how i...
  3. 53Rockets

What are you listening to right now?

New All Them Witches album "Nothing as the Ideal". Excellent, inventive drumming from Robbie Staebler. I highly suggest you check them out.
  4. 53Rockets

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

Do the disappearing spurs need holes drilled? That's probably a stupid question...his suggestion was mostly just to avoid drilling through the shell. I'll definitely try the clamp on's first. If they don't seem stable i'll have to look at drilling.
  5. 53Rockets

PRACTICE- SONGS VS. EXERCISES

That makes perfect sense to me. Putting two of my favourite drummers in the response helped hammer that home!
  6. 53Rockets

Ahh, nice. I just picked up a 50's 24" kick to go with my Gretsch kit and my drum guy suggested clamp on spurs instead of drilling through the 3 ply shell. Thought you also had the clamp ons....
  7. 53Rockets

PRACTICE- SONGS VS. EXERCISES

Hey all, I've been drumming for just over a year. The best money i've spent on drums has been on my teacher. Weekly lessons have made a huge difference. I just had the opportunity to play with a guitar player for the first time and it makes the need to have some songs/structure down. As far as...
  8. 53Rockets

Are those DW clamp on spurs on your kick?
  9. 53Rockets

Sweet kit my friend!
  10. 53Rockets

This is my gold sparkle round badge kit. 20, 13, 16, which I’ve matched up with a Gretsch hand hammered brass 6.5x14 snare. Magic.
  11. 53Rockets

New SpeedKing

So i just picked up a new Speed King. So far i'm liking it more than my DW5000. I'm a fairly new drummer so i feel like the Speed King is a bit more controllable for me and gives me back what i put into it. The Ddub is so quick i had trouble controlling it. More my issue than the pedal for sure...
  12. 53Rockets

NEW SPEED KING AVAILABILITY?

Are the Speed Flyers and Speed Kings made in different places? Any reason the SF's would be shipped first?
  13. 53Rockets

ISTANBUL AGOP'S FOR AMERICANA/INDIE ROCK

That was poor english....thanks for the info. I'm a bit torn right now. I found a nice Zildjian Avedis 21" crash ride, and an Agop 21" Traditional medium ride for about the same price. I feel like it's a good deal on either cymbal, and despite being very different i think they each have a vibe...
  14. 53Rockets

Thanks for the infor
  15. 53Rockets

Hey everybody, fairly new drummer here with a question that hopefully some people may have experience with, or at the very least, an opinion. I currently play Paiste Big Beats and love them, but i'm intrigued/obsessed with Istanbul Agops. I play indie/classic rock and american. I like ambiant...
  16. 53Rockets

GRETSCH BASS DRUM CYMBAL ARM

Hey everyone, I'm the proud owner of a mid-60's Gretsch Round Badge kit. It came with the bass drum cymbal mount but no arm. Does anyone know what diameter arm i'd be looking for it i was to buy a new one as opposed to an original? I know Gibralter, Ludwig, Danmar and few other companies make...
  17. 53Rockets

Definitely pumped. I have an old 70's one now, and love the feel of the action, but don't like the instability compared to my DW5000. I'm hoping the new version will have the best of both worlds...
  18. 53Rockets

Hey all, I'm one of the many that got excited about the new SK and paid for one in advance from my local shop. Is there anyone that has ANY idea when these things will actually ship? Lots of places have them 'available' but out of stock on line. Just curious as i'm really excited about this.