Search results

1. R

Shoulder pain because of snare height?

How would you describe the pain? Only while drumming, front part, side, down the arm, etc.
  2. R

Who Are The Worst Drummers That Are Good In Spite Of How Lousy They Are?

Another drummer who occasionally replaced Ringo on Beatles tracks, and I suppose in ways was worse than Pete Best, was another of my all time favorite drummers...the lousy Sir Paul McCartney!
  3. R

That's true, but I do enjoy his drumming on the Decca tapes. He was famous (in Liverpool) for his so called "atom beat". 4 on the floor kick and a rolling tom beat. I like it, but obviously Ringo was the right drummer for The Beatles. But see, the idea is to be positive about drummers who...
  4. R

No it is not from a "negative slant" at all. In fact, it is from a very very very positive slant. That was clear, imo, in the first post because I praised Ringo. And it was explained later a number of times after some people made a stink. Obviously it wasn't clear for some, but oh well.
  5. R

I thought people would get it...I really did. Just goes to show you. I'll try not to be sarcastic or unclear again. If possible. :rolleyes: I am a musician though, and a Beatle fan. Being sarcastic or saying things in a "funny" way is sort of second nature. But this is the internet, and I don't...
  6. R

Well Sir George Martin said "He's not a technical drummer. Men like Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa would run circles around him". Buddy Rich said "Ringo was adequate. No more than that." Ringo himself said: "I became a drummer because it's the only thing I could do. But whenever I hear another...
  7. R

I suppose I would have reacted that way (more sincerely apologetic), but I guess I felt the posts attacking me for my sentence structure and it being the worst question ever got under my skin. I mean jeeeeez. Anyway, if it's a problem, the moderators may delete. But I will leave it as I don't...
  8. R

"Amateurs" don't discuss "pros" here? Isn't there an entire forum dedicated to that here? I really don't get what the problem is, it was really no big deal...it was about the idea of being good in spite of not being technically good...which, imo, is a good thing...an important thing to think...
  9. R

I can't believe how some people don't get the question. Some people do....but some obviously don't. Did you all miss the part where I said Ringo is great in spite of his lack of certain skills? He is my favorite drummer of all time. In fact, most of the drummers I like are not "monsters"...
  10. R

Wow. I can't believe the reaction. Can a moderator please delete the thread? I will show myself the door.
  11. R

Btw, it's not negative at all. The whole idea is that people can be GREAT in spite of not knowing how to do a paradiddle.
  12. R

Geez, guess I'm a lousy question writer. Or maybe you guys are being a little too technical.
  13. R

Only if you think she's good. I'm not really a fan of the White Stripes although it's not because of her. In fact, she may be the best part!
  14. R

If you know what I mean...:) For example, Ringo is not technically great in many ways, but nevertheless he is GREAT. He overcomes whatever skills he may lack with creativity and feel and playing cool licks and playing the right thing for the song, etc etc etc. Who else do you think is great...
  15. R

Tom Mounted On Cymbal Stand-Sympathetic Ring

Looking at those Cympads, I came upon another solution. Looks expensive but not sure where to buy it (edit, guess you buy it from them in Norway...52 bucks for 1!). As of now, I'm going with the simple higher tuning solution:
  16. R

It must be both the tuning and the stand. I took it off the cymbal stand, and it stops... but I tuned it (even higher!), and that solves it, even on the stand.
  17. R

I recently tuned my toms up and open for a change, and I'm liking it...but I noticed that my 13" tom, which is mounted on the crash cymbal stand, will ring (excessively) when I hit the cymbal, the vibrations coming through the cymbal stand. So I could: change my tuning, use muffling, put the...
  18. R

Anyone Switch From Heal Up To Heal Down?

Well everyone can do what they like or feels right, no? The reason I posted was because heel up seemed so much the norm, but turns out for me, heel down has worked out better. Another thing, I was playing heel up yesterday, and noticed that it was much easier for me now...I believe because I...
  19. R

Anyone Switch From Heal Up To Heal Down?

Yes! It's funny, but because of my knee, I have totally changed pretty much everything, realizing I was doing pretty much everything wrong! I was playing with tension in every limb, trying to hit hard, etc., never really even thinking about my "technique". The knee led me to start thinking...