Search results

1. Music is Awesome

Cymbal stand help

I have one of those SP boom stands with only a 16" PST5 Crash on it and the stand keeps moving away from my kit when I hit the crash. Does anyone have any idea why it keeps moving?
  2. Music is Awesome

Help with jazz solo

Can someone please help me? I've got to pretend to be a drummer from the Harlem Renaissance and play a 1min solo for history class on friday. While 1min doesn't seem like a long time it is when you know almost nothing about swing and are only playing with a snare, kick, and ride. Can someone...
  3. Music is Awesome

Time Signature Help

I had a drum teacher for like 4yrs but we never talked about this because all the song were either 4/4 or cut time and I never really had a reason to ask, but now I'm trying to write out my drum parts in an attempt to learn how to read a drum set chart. Here’s the question: How do I...
  4. Music is Awesome

Rolan V-Drum Contest

Anyone gonna enter it? I would but I'm 14 and I'm not that good.
  5. Music is Awesome

Some insight please

BACKGROUND: So I'm a freshmen in high school and I kinda wanna start playing in a band since I've been playing my set for about 2 and a half years. Right now I'm playing my Cat Club Jazz kit, which I love dearly. First Question: Do you think I could play my kit in a rock band and have it be...
  6. Music is Awesome

Setup

What do you guys think of this cymbal setup? 14” Zildjian A New Beat Hi Hats Brilliant 18” Paiste Twenty Series China 18” Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash 19” Zildjian A Custom Crash 21” Sabian AAX Stage Ride Cymbal Thanks.
  7. Music is Awesome

Kick drum depth

Can someone name some companys that make kicks that are 16" deep for their "high end" kits.
  8. Music is Awesome

Ride Help

Does anyone know of a Ride cymbal that is like a Zildjian 20” K Custom Hybrid Ride except with a little more wash. I don't care what brand it is.
  9. Music is Awesome

Masters of Maple

Anyone ever heard of Masters of Maple custom drum company?
  10. Music is Awesome

Help Please

I need to know your opinion. Should I: 1) Spend all my money on either a Tama Hyper drive kit or Catalina Maple kit. OR 2) Just what how ever long it takes to save up enough money to get a great kit (ex. Gretsch Renown, Tama Starclassic, Pearl Masters). Take into consideration that I am 13 and...
  11. Music is Awesome

Kick Drum

Does anyone know of any sets that come with like a 22x20 kick drum other than Tama Hyperdrive. Sorry if there is already a thread about this its 12:15AM and I'm too tired to look it up right now.
  12. Music is Awesome

Cat Club Jazz.

I'm just testing the waters here but how much would you pay for a Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz Kit in a white marine finish with cases included. The only "damage" to the kit is the normal marks on the bass drum hoop from the pedal.
  13. Music is Awesome

New EC2

Has anyone played the new EC2? How are they?
  14. Music is Awesome

need help with Sound Percussion boom stand

Anyone have that Sound Percussion boom stand that cost like $40 because i broke the bolt in the middle to raise the pipe up and than i lost the bolt. So i was wondering if anyone could post a pic of the bolt and how long it is so i can replace it. Other than that little mishap (which my fault...
  15. Music is Awesome

Gretsch Catalina Maple vs Gretsch Catalina Club '64 Reissue vs Yamaha Stage Custom

The title kind of says it all; which kit should i get. I play a little a bit of everything so i need a set that can do that.
  16. Music is Awesome

Catalina Club Jazz or something like a Catalina maple

o.k. so i have a catalina club jazz kit and i was wondering if i should get a cat maple or something in that price range since im slowly becoming more of hard rock/metal drummer as time goes on. dont get me wrong i love my cat club jazz ive had it for 3 years but im not sure if i should get more...