Search results

1. M

woodshed....with a view

got to house sit for 4 days/nights, and play my drums as loud as I wanted with no nieghbor drama, and a view of the ocean and channel islands of the back deck, it was great, only wish I could of had a weeked, as I work 10 hour days, so I played about 3 hours every night.
  2. M

which foot technique ?

ok, I've only ever played heel down, and always swore, I'd never need anything else, but I'm currently obsessed with learning " I hate everything about you" by 3 days grace. I know every part of the song, but the right foot during the verse is just too fast, I'm slowly incorporating basic heel...
  3. M

ruined by rods

so, for about 8 months I've used nothing but multi-rods--not because i like them, but to reduce volume---do to ongiong fued with crazy neighbors. yesterday, I took my drums into my landlord's house and was able to play full volume with real sticks for the first time in about 6 months ( my drums...
  4. M

done!

ups just dropped off my 18" sabian omni, seems a nice fit with my 16" aa thin crash, and 19" zildjian avedis thin crash...when ever I play the edge of this omni...it sounds like the intro to the Doors' L.A woman for some reason...so I won't be buying any more drums stuff........................ ?
  5. M

Any one else ?

Hey I'm really gonna play my drums today, this is gonna be great::phone rings: my niece need a ride to the airport:: get home: Oh no, I don;t have any clean work uniforms, have to do laundry:: woe, my phone bill is due, have to rush this right down to the p.o:: I'm starving havnt ate in hours...
  6. M

my soul mate...

pulled the trigger..no picture can do justice to this beautiful finish, I drove 80 miles, but only paid as much as a 18" sabian omni, for the whole 5 piece kit! I'm still in shock. I'm not even going to set them up, until all chrome is cleaned, and all threads cleaned up.
  7. M

craigslist mental cases!

so, a while back, was looking at some drums on CL, and saw one I would like...but no posted price. I sent an email, and just asked "how much". the guy sends back an email, saying so many people are coming over to look...blah blah blah. then gave a price, that was about double what they were new...
  8. M

b.o.c ebay!

any one seen the Premier drum set the Blue Oyster Cult drummer has on ebay ? it's the set he used since 1971, and includes a drum lesson " any where in the world, at his expense" also a cymbal stand given to him by niel Pert...for Rush fans. way too much money for me, but be kind of cool if I...
  9. M

constant hats ?

I notice most drummers keep constant time with the left foot on the hats, when thay arnn't playing the hats with sticks. I never learned to do this. how important is it ? I always keep time with eithert my right hand, wheather it's playing hats or ride cymble, ot what ever, I don't have an issue...
  10. M

nu edg ?

any one used these things ? it's a composit bearing edge and hoop. I guess it's meant for drums with a bad edge--which I have-- but I have never heard any one talk about these one way or the other.
  11. M

tuning: what does this mean ???

2 weeks ago, I put new heads on my toms ( 12" ) and (14") I have been tuning them 2 times a week ( as needed ) I'm new to drum tuning, and I read everthing I could on here and elsewhere and watched every youtube vid about tuning...what happens is, I detune a little bit, then tune back up, to a...
  12. M

I have joined the Black Panthers

I love this drum, can't wait till this weekend to play it all day
  13. M

growing on me

last month I was given a zildjian 19" thin crash, that had a small crack in the middle. The guy that gave it to me gets lots of free gear, so it was just in his way, I'm a sabian guy, really love my 13" aa fast hats and 16" aa thin crash. I went ahead and repaired the 19, with grey automotive...
  14. M

Is this wrong !

I have a 16" sabian thin crash....I and I crashes it...and I ride it, and I crash ride it..and I ride the bell....and the 20" ping ride, just sits over there and watches.
  15. M

Help Identify this kit please ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzFlPdHt1Gk&ob=av2e thanks.
  16. M

sister havana ?

google, yahoo searches have produced nothing on this...does any one know what brand.kit Blackie Onasis used to record the song " sister havana" ? I know the drums in the official video for the song, arn't necessarily what was used in the recording, and in later years he was using Slingerland...
  17. M

"closing time" crash/ride ?

I was watching the video " closing time" by simisonic, on youtube, the drummer appears to be riding a 16" crash/ride through most of the song. any ideas what cymbal that is ? thanks in advance for info.
  18. M

how to approach everlong ?

how would you go about learning this song ? I can usually write down a drum part on paper and think " the bass lands here, the hihat is here" but this song with the steady 16ths on the hihat and the broken up bass drum part just boggles my mind, it' just such completely different things going on...
  19. M

noob--floor tom Question

I've been very patient and methotical in learing to play drums, started out just hihats and snare, then added bass, then thr rack tom. I have a really hard time when using the floor tom in fills, of getting back to the hihat in time to get back on the beat. it' just such a long distance away...
  20. M

multirods exclusivly ?

I've been using multirods for a few months, only to reduce volume at my house, the combo of multi's and t-shirts draped over my drums, make it so I can play hard, and not get the neighbors riled, but I really have gotten used to the " feeling " of the multi's now, and regular sticks feel weird...