Search results

1. feldiefeld

Nasty Drum Lick #128 - Featuring Gary Husband's "Groove Grease"

Hey Everyone- A couple of things. I recently posted a video of me playing along with a Gary Husband track from his "Drum Videocast" series. It's a cool tune called "Groove Grease." I highly recommend Gary's materials, which you can check out on his website. Second, there are a couple of...
  2. feldiefeld

Stick Logic: Rudimental Videos

Hey Everyone -- I've been putting out some videos on rudimental playing that I hope some of you might find helpful. The idea is to work on rudiments by playing a piece rather than just playing patterns over and over. Not a new idea, I know, but I've found it's a helpful way to work on...
  3. feldiefeld

Brush Technique

Consider trying to find Philly Joe Jones' book on the topic. He was a great brush player and I liked working out of that book a lot.
  4. feldiefeld

The "1e-a2-and-ah" Cymbal Ostinato: Independence Exercises

Hey Everyone - I've been working on independence with an interesting cymbal pattern. It's something I've heard Dave DiCenso do (he's the only person I've ever heard do this). The pattern is this: There are a bunch of worksheets I've made to help me work on independence while playing this...
  5. feldiefeld

Drumeo's "Best Beginner Drum Book"

Has anyone checked out this book? Just curious if anyone has thoughts on it.
  6. feldiefeld

12 Double Bass Drum Hand/Foot Triplet Exercises

Hey Everyone - Here's a new PDF of exercises that I hope some of you might find helpful. It's a set of hand/foot ideas based in 16th note triplets---with some double bass drum included. Here's a link to the post that includes the PDF: 12 Double Bass Drum Hand/Foot Triplet Exercises PDF
  7. feldiefeld

New Video: Oz Noy, Will Lee, Mark Feldman

Hey Everyone - My project, LEVEL5, just debuted the first video on Glide Magazine's website. It's a full song, in studio video of the track "Sybil" and you can check it out here: https://glidemagazine.com/218191/video-premiere-mark-feldmans-level5-bring-the-prog-funk-with-sybil/ I hope you dig!!
  8. feldiefeld

Quick & Easy Drum Charts

Hi Everyone - if you've ever had to learn a lot of songs quickly, you may have considered how to make a drum chart to help you. I've been in this situation a lot so I thought I would start sharing some examples on "The Drumming Blog." The first article/example is here: How To Make A Drum...
  9. feldiefeld

The Ghost Note Groove System Part 1

Hey Everyone - Something to try... I stumbled upon a pattern I really liked on a gig the other night, and I wanted to expand upon it. So, I created a worksheet /PDF that starts with that hand pattern (it's distinctly heavy on the ghost notes--kind of Carlock-ish) and then adds different bass...
  10. feldiefeld

15 Exercises to Develop Clave Independence

I know this may be obscure for some of you, but..... If you are interested in developing clave independence, you may find this worksheet helpful. I am not particularly interested in left foot clave, but rather, I made these exercises for myself in order to work on right hand clave. In other...
  11. feldiefeld

9 Bass Drum Double Stroke Grooves

Hi Everyone- This video drum lesson features a PDF with 9 grooves that put emphasis on playing two 16th notes in a row with your bass drum foot. The camera angles are set up to allow you to get a great view of my bass drum foot. There is also some explanation of the technique I use to get two...
  12. feldiefeld

Drum Solos You Can Play

Hey Everyone! So, I've begun a series of video lessons where I present different 8 bar solos that I compose for you. The video shows me playing the solo at two tempos and there is a link to a PDF note for note transcription that includes stickings. The solos are pretty modern and are chock...
  13. feldiefeld

Steve Such's Vinnie Baked Potato transcription

Hi Everyone.... So I'm looking at this transcription... Vinnie's solo is fantastic in the performance and I'm wondering.... anyone know how accurate this transcription is? I don't know Steve Such and I"m not doubting him but I'm just wondering if any of this forum's regularly "quoted"...
  14. feldiefeld

An Easy Linear Beat / Intro Linear Beat

Hi Everyone - for anyone interested in Linear Drumming, here is a pretty simple first idea to check out. "Linear Beat #1" There is a video and PDF available at the link. Hope it's helpful.
  15. feldiefeld

Reading Music for Drummers

Hi Everyone - This is sort of a beginners lesson, for those who are new to drumming and want to learn to read... But I've gotten a little feedback from a few people who are drummers (not beginners) but who found this video lesson helpful because they wanted to learn to read. It's just an...
  16. feldiefeld

Favorite high end drum kit- model and brand?

I'm certain that there are many threads on this topic already, but I'm about to buy some new drums.... and new doesn't necessarily mean brand new from the the store....second hand is possible... But... for those of you who have invested in high end stuff, what are your picks? I'm thinking...
  17. feldiefeld

First Drum Lesson for Newbies

For Beginners Only! 3 Beginners Drum Beats/
  18. feldiefeld

5 Killer Gadd Licks

Hey Everyone -- There's a new video series on BANG! The Drum School's blog focusing on Gadd ideas... "Lick #1" is a three beat triplet jazz pharase a la Elvin that Gadd used often in his funk playing.... Here's a video and PDF so you can learn the idea if you don't know it...
  19. feldiefeld

Vinnie Colaiuta "Heavy Resin" drum solo transcription

Yes, here's a transcription of VC's sick solo from "Heavy Resin." The Drumming Blog: Heavy Resin transcription Have at it!!