Search results

1. J

Snare Throw-off issue

Hey there drummerworld! I've been using a Pearl MCX Master series as my main snare drum for the past 5 years or so. I love it and have never had any issues. A few months ago, I noticed the throw-off on it was becoming difficult, and I often had to lift it up in able to turn the snares on. A...
  2. J

Help with Black Page #1 (eleven-tuplets)

Hey guys, I'm sure there's gotta be someone on this forum that has the Black Page mastered. I recently started working on it after years of wanting to but not having the time (and maybe a little bit of fear lol) I started the other day, and was pleasantly surprised how quick I was able to get a...
  3. J

Consistent grip at higher tempos

Hey guys, I'm sure a lot of drummers have fought with this at some point or another, so I figured I'd throw it out there (sorry if its been discussed) I've noticed that when playing one-handed 16th notes on the hi-hat or a fast jazz ride pattern for extended periods of time, I switch between...
  4. J

How much air is in between your hi-hats?

A little bit of an odd question, and couldn't find a discussion on it already, so figured I'd ask. I normally keep my hi hats pretty close together. Maybe it's my stand combined with what I'm used to, but when there's too much air in between my hats I find it difficult to get full control of...
  5. J

Pain and swelling in right palm/thumb

Hey guys, first time poster on here, and Im really hoping there are others out there that have experience with this issue. In the past week or two, I've been experiencing soreness and a fair bit of swelling in my right hand, starting in my palm directly inward from my thumb and extending to the...