Search results

1. M

Paiste 602's?

My local shop normally only carries Sabian and zildjian cymbals and I'm decently familiar with their series I recently went in and they have started integrating some paiste and meinl into the shop. I picked up some new sticks and toured the shop like I normally do checking new inventory. They...
  2. M

Dave weckls " how to develop technique". My head is spinning

First drum DVD I've ever watched. I'm mostly self taught with the help of a few drum lessons and help from friend drummers. Itsgonna take a few viewings to take all this in. His rebound and relaxed techniques kind of open my mind. Great little DVD. After a first run through, I definitely want to...
  3. M

Just tried maple sticks for first time, love the way my drums sound

So, went to the music shop today and decided to pick up a set of 5a maples, normally playing hickory with the only other experience being red hickory. My meridian maples still have the stock pinstripes after a ec2 experimenting gone wrong. I found from the drivers seat that the maple sticks...
  4. M

Eric Clapton's Drummers in these videos?

Hi, been really getting into Eric Clapton since my father in law got me a DVD of Eric Clapton Live at the Montreux with Phil Collins on the drums. Just some great guitar and drums, really relaxing in a way. Grab a 12 pack and hit play and great fun. Looking through youtube videos, he's really...
  5. M

Did Benny Grebb copy the duffman song in this solo? hahaha

Man I was chuckling, maybe I'm the only one who notices the comparison but heres the link to the duffman introl thing from the Simpsons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nc9sR3M-vk And here is the link to the benny grebb solo. Sure a lot have seen this one but it blows my mind. I'm not a big...
  6. M

Sabian hh sonic matched sets?

I'm getting into cymbal research since in the past 3 years I've got quite the jelly bean assortment, my stuff just doesn't suit my needs for sound at the moment. Their a great set but not that versatile. I was looking at Sabian brochure and reading about the hh series. I'm goin to go in to the...
  7. M

Drumless track sources?

Hey, just wondering if some of you veterans could hook me up with some spots to access some Drumless tracks. I've found some stuff on freedrumlessons.com which was nice because they had an optional click track on it but the stuff seemed kind of cheesy and repetitive. Basically I'm lookin for...
  8. M

Shuffle and pocket groove, what are the definitions?

Before anyone says to search the internet, the Internet sucks nowadays. Takes 30 minutes to find any relevant information. Now watching some videos of Steve Jordan, the titles refer to pocket grooves sometimes. Comments on the video talk about how he always stas in pocket. What does this drummer...
  9. M

Getting better after short break periods?

Just wondering if I'm the only one who seems to think they get better after like a 5 day break. I normally only play when the wife is gone since when I play the whole house is just chaos. I don't blame her, you can't do nothing when the drums are going in the house, it's loud. She's in the...
  10. M

Why does my floor Tom sound louder then my bass drum?

Is this just an illusion from the front seat. I've never really payed attention to the past cour months with my new meridian maples. My old westburies had a closet in the bass so they were naturally quieter. My wife doesn't want to experiment with me and play while I stand out front. Just from...
  11. M

Stoked. Buddy gettin a vintage Ludwig snare, 15x6.5

So buddy found on kijiji( Canadian Craigslist ) a 15x6.5 Ludwig snare in a near by town. He's getting it today. The add said 3 ply mahagony with maple rerings. The inne ply looks a lot like maple but we will have to find out up close. Hopefully with some serial numbers their will be more info...
  12. M

How to tackle a song? Thinking of joining my first band.

So I'm 24 now and started playing my first year of college at 20. My first kit was a westbury and spent most my time learning the basics and grooving, I was a big metal head back then and just loved my thrash metal fast paced tom fills and double kicks. My music tastes have since changed and I...
  13. M

Definition of pro cymbals?

So I was chatting with some drum buddies today. Where I'm from most shops deal Sabian and zildjian. We were chatting about cymbals and anyways, they started referring to intermediate cymbals. This confused me since I use the words pro and beginner. They referred to the aa, aax and a zildjian and...
  14. M

New drum throne

So, looking at a new drum throne. Just lookin for ideas. Went to the music shop last night. They usually throw their thrones for display on the kits. Their was a few stragglers in a corner. This mapex one which would match my kit which is a meridian maple and my falcon pedal, was over there. Not...
  15. M

Los Cabos sticks

I'm from new Brunswick Canada which is home of Los Cabos sticks and Sabian cymbals. I've been using the sticks for awhile since their about 7 or 8 bucks vs 12 for the zildjian, pro mark, Vic firths. Offered at the two local shops we have. Just wondering how far west and south these sticks are...
  16. M

Mikelessons.com

Unfortunately I have a very busy schedule most the time and formal lessons don't seem to fit in there right now. I have no interest in touring the world with my drumming or even bein te best in my town. I just want to have fun and learn. I've seen his demo"s on YouTube and like his style and...
  17. M

Bass drum is goin to collapse my lungs.

Just put a kickport on my 22x18 meridian maple bass drum. Wow. I changed the batter side head back the stock mapex 2 ply with damper ring on inside. I had originally put my old powersonic with dampened ring but it had a remo Falam patch that have it too much click. I put a small pillow off to...
  18. M

Precision drums

Been thinking of putting my own snare together. Not having access to a table router and such, I was looking for some basic shells with edges and holes too just to make it simpler. Stumbled upon precision drums. I was thinking of maybe assbling it myself but might see what the cost is just to get...
  19. M

Help me fix up my meridian maple snare

So my mapex meridian maple snare had the stock heads on it for about two months they were remo ut. They sounded great except the fact that screwing around with higher tubing and stuff seemed to stretch and ruin it. It wouldn't go back to middle range tuning without out bonkers on overtones from...
  20. M

Just found out why cheap drums sound cheap.

I've been watching this forum for awhile, and was always interested in the drum restoration and building threads. It was something that interested me. I've only owned two kits. My westburies were my first purchase. Having no idea about drums they looked beautiful. After about 2-3 years of...