Search results

1. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

American football!!!

funny, cause I think American Football is one of the easiest sports to understand, and rugby is the hardest. Rugby is just a bunch of guys pushing each other until someone gets too tired and the scrum falls apart, than someone pops out with the ball, and it is a free for all until the ball is in...
  2. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Where do you fit in??

definitely cymbal-holic. I own 6 drums, and 34 cymbals...
  3. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

So I want to try the cotton balls thing, but...

I just use Remo Pinstripes....
  4. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

If I had $1000 (or the equivalent) to spend on drum gear, I would buy..........

I would have a custom made cocktail drum for my swing band and cow punk/rockabilly band...already have the plan on paper, just need the funds....
  5. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Heavy rides anyone?

I might be looking for an old Zildjian Earth ride thanks to this thread. Always loved those, never could afford it back then
  6. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Post Your Greatest Weakness ?

double bass is my greatest weakness, even though I have been a metal head/punker for 45+ years...grew up in the mind set of Nicko McBrain...single fast foot. I started working on double bass 4 years ago, so lots of catching up to do...
  7. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Show us your storage solutions

...yes honey, and here are my plans for the living room.....
  8. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What ultimately made you decide on the brand of drums you play?

yep...i have wanted that colorway for our marching drums for years...now that we have Tama marching drums, I might see if they can do something for me...
  9. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

sort of true....sometimes, things jump at you
  10. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

is that your actual set? That is the EXACT same set the drummer in my thrash band has...color, sizes, reso head...everything. His is birch/bubinga.
  11. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

My first real set was my 1994 Pearl Master Custom Maple. I loved the way Omar Hakim's Pearls sounded at the time, so that was some of the draw, but I also love(d) Pearl marching drums, and by way of my involvement the marching world, I knew a lot about Pearl, so when I saw the Master Custom...
  12. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

that looks like the drumline closet at school....the kids think I live there...
  13. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What's your latest purchase?

your'e kiiling me with that K custom!!! and the set. You aren't getting rid of that are you?
  14. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

List of boutique builders

I still want an Ayotte set...love those things!!! and Eames drums also pique my interest
  15. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I’m worried that live music is over

plus, we have been given the "thumbs up" to head to my wife's cousins cabin in the middle of nowhere Michigan if we want, so we have that option as well
  16. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I got some drums...

yep...you shouldn't be looking at them,,,you should be whacking them
  17. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

RIP Jimmy Cobb

Kind of Blue....😞
  18. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Leland Sklar....The best ever

yep...subscribed to that channel the week it came out, being a bass player as well as a drummer!!!
  19. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

yep...I will probably be the first to go if civil unrest happens...I am a middle/high school band director. I have lived homeless before though, so the idea of escaping urban centers and going rogue in the wilderness is a possibility. I am not convinced that it will come down to Mad Max style...
  20. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

we have been playing together long enough that we could probably show and hit it on the fly...we have not practiced since February, but hell, it is just simple swing and blues. I use brushes, and rarely play anything that is more than a simple stewing 2 and 4 at around 100bpm. We do...