Search results

1. Zickosdrummer

Your "go to" snare

Tama 13x5-1/2 with nickle plated die cast hoops.
  2. Zickosdrummer

OT Is it me or...

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the days are getting longer?
  3. Zickosdrummer

What's your latest purchase?

I hadn't intended on buying this. My wife saw it advertised somewhere and, considering the sizes, I thought about buying it for my 9 year old grandson. After closer inspection, I think I'll give it a trian run at a gig or two just to see how it is. The grandson may have to wait for a while.
  4. Zickosdrummer

Facebook Find

More.
  5. Zickosdrummer

Facebook Find

Better pictures.
  6. Zickosdrummer

Facebook Find

My wife saw this on facebook and thought it was a toy drum kit as it was a small sized (12-13-14-18 and a 13 snare). She thought it would be good for our 9 year old grandson. Turns out it is a Ludwig Accent CS Combo with Zildjain ZBT cymbals and Ludwig double braced hardware. It is in...
  7. Zickosdrummer

What got you started playing drums?

I've not posted this story here but I have in other places. When I was in Jr. high school (yes I know, dinosaurs had just become extinct), My incoming band director, Mr. Wixom, wanted to start a stage band. I had never heard of a stage band. Our school didn't have a drum set so he decided...
  8. Zickosdrummer

Playing Come Together by The Beatles

I figured how to post this. Duh, Old dog, new tricks
  9. Zickosdrummer

Ludwig Ghost

Oops, wrong photo.
  10. Zickosdrummer

Ludwig Ghost

Beater is not original. Don't know what the spring is. I have 5 including one I bought in 1973. Biggest downfall is that it is hard to attach to BD but I solved that problem by making a metal plate for it to sit on.
  11. Zickosdrummer

Be still, my pretty....

...soon you will be mine. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
  12. Zickosdrummer

Opinions on small floor toms

Small didn't seem to hurt these any.
  13. Zickosdrummer

Ignacio Berroa

Forgot the picture!
  14. Zickosdrummer

Ignacio Berroa

I just attended a cllinic given by Ignacio Berroa. Quite a "tasty" drummer. The clinic was very informative and educational. He is quite a personable guy, too. Oh, and I bought a new 21" Sabian Raw Bell ride. Sweet.
  15. Zickosdrummer

Where are you?

Be proud of where you are. I get tired of trying to figure out from where people are posting. Post your location in your personal information. It sheds some light on your perspective in your posts. I am from Norman, Oklahoma, cultural center of the universe!
  16. Zickosdrummer

Resurrecting a Ghost...

...pedal, that is. I have owned a Ghost BD pedal for 35 years and I have always thought it had a great feel and action. I like the compression spring tension. But, it has some design flaws. It is a pain in the @$$ to set up and I have thought that for 35 years. You have to stand on your head to...
  17. Zickosdrummer

Which way does it go together?

All right, I need to hear from some of you drum builders out there. The leg mounts on a FT usually have the wing nut on the side. If you put them on randomly it’s easy to get two wing nuts facing one way and the other facing the other way, clockwise and counter clockwise as you look down on...
  18. Zickosdrummer

New (?) Zickos kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had intended to play a gig tonight and photograph these, but it was rescheduled till next week and I just can't wait any longer to show them off. After a lot of elbow grease in cleaning them up and new heads, here they are!!!!!!!!! This is the entry way to my house and not where I...
  19. Zickosdrummer

Anyone know something about these drums?

I saw these at a concert last night and I had never seen them before. Does anyone have any info about them? Sonar Force 1000. Sorry, terrible picture. Just curious.
  20. Zickosdrummer

Drummer's Cars

OK, is this one better?