Search results

1. S

Reggae

Hey guys. I am looking for a good book on reggae drumming. There doesn't seem to be much out there and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks
  2. S

Drum wood sources

Hi guys, I have been having some thoughts recently due to my intention to buy a new mid-range kit for touring with my band. One of the kits that I have been thinking about is the Gretsch Catalina Club. The wood is Philippine mahogany, but I have not been able to find out how the wood is sourced...
  3. S

Aquarian Graphite sticks

Hey guys. I did a search and I couldn't find anything on this topic. Anyway, I usually use either promark or vic firth 5a. I just ordered an Aquarian practice pad and it comes with a pair of graphite drum sticks. I was just wondering if anybody uses or has any experience with these. I will find...
  4. S

Losing it a bit...

I've had a bit of a hard time emotionally recently and it has been relfected in my playing. Now, I have pretty good technique. I am relaxed when I play, I don't get any pain in my wrists or fingers, I haven't broken a stick, head, or cymbal in years. But recently I have been having a difficult...
  5. S

E-kit for teaching

Hello. I have been teaching voluntarily at a youth music project near my home for a couple of years now. I also give a couple of private lessons at home every week, but because of noise I am not able to teach regularly on an acoustic kit, and I have recently been getting more requests for...
  6. S

The same heads for two different styles

I need to reskin my kit (Ludwig classic maple). I am at present playing in two very different bands. The first is a loud, noisy, alternative punk rock band. The second is a quiet acoustic country band, in which I primarily use brushes. I will need coated heads for this reason. I need a set of...