Search results

1. J

Can somebody advise a good DVD to begin brush technique?

I've played drums for a long time ("binary drummer") but started jazz playing last year. Could you advise of a good DVD to study brush techniques? Thanks
  2. J

Art of Bop Drumming page 21

Hi to everybody, I am currently working on the concept of Rythmic transcription described by John Riley in his book page 21. Although I think I understand the concept, I don't understand why in the last line but one the pattern begins on bar one and continues on bar 2 : I would rather play time...
  3. J

Redneck Lamb of God Double bass Sixtuplets beginning

Hello, With this tittle from Lamb of God, I cannot play properly at the beginning the sixtuplets on double bass drums (actually double pedal for me) at the requested tempo (quarter note = 132) and I have worked slowly on this for 3 months....What is strange is I can play series of sextuplets at...
  4. J

Aquarian studio X coated with power dot

Hi everyone, I bought a new kit with aquarian coated studio X batter heads on toms (and classic clear on resonant). Although I love the sound, in 4 month time my 10" tom batter head dent and now I have to change the batter head This is my question : do you think I could have the same sound...
  5. J

Sleishman Pros and cons

Hello I plan to buy a free floating kilt : as Tama omnitune kit is too expensive for me and like the free floating concept of Sleishman so If you own a Sleishman, I would appreciate if you could tell me your opinion on these drums Thanks
  6. J

Natural drumming lessons 5&6 DVD

Has anybody have the Natural drumming lessons 5&6 DVD by Danny Gottlieb and Joe Morello ? Thanks in advance for your help
  7. J

Moeller vs. Modified Moeller

I would be grateful to you if you could answer my question : I've got good basic technique but only use wrists and fingers and now I decide to study the Moeller technique. So I would appreciate if you could tell me the main differences between the "original moeller technique" and Joe Morello (or...