Search results

1. M

Question about drum measurements

I am having my drums shipped down and need to buy cases. However I don't know the exact dimensions of my drums. I will have my dad measure but i don't want him removing the heads and rings. Approximately How many inches do you think I need to subtract to account for the heads and rings when...
  2. M

Drum Covers Help

Hi, Currently i have no covers for my drums, and I am going to be relocating and will need to have a shipping truck take them with my other furniture. So i need solid covers, as i don't particularly trust movers with my equipment...but have no choice.
  3. M

Cleaning drums Question

Is it ok to use water to clean dust off? I tried just using no water and all im doing is moving the dust side to side.
  4. M

Help a newbie with cowbell playing

I just got the rock ridge classic, and im trying to figure out if there is a spot i should be hitting it to get the best sound. Im mainly just using it for now for simple constant hitting like on 1,2,3, and 4.. nothing fancy.
  5. M

what cowbell to buy?

Im looking for a cowbell so i can play i break everything i touch by Jason Aldean, and possibly use it for a few other country songs that use it. What do you recommend for cowbell and mount? Also is there a way to play the cowbell, high hat, and snare at the same time? Im new to drumming, so...
  6. M

Help with sound of a ride cymbal

Hi all, Im still pretty new to drumming, so i had a question. I have a set of Zildjian Avedis i am using. The ride is a sweet ride. When i play my ride, it sounds too.... i dont know, too much like a crash. I mean, clearly it has a different tone, but i want it to sound more like a light...
  7. M

Shaker suggestions?

What do you recommend for a shaker?
  8. M

Tambourine suggestions?

I am new to drumming, and I am wondering what the best options are for a tambourine? Theres a bunch of songs I want to play, but they need that tambourine to sound like the recording.
  9. M

How to port a drum head?

What is the best way to port the bass drum head? I have never done it before.
  10. M

How to setup a vocal mic for drummer?

Is there a special mic stand for a drummer to use, so that it won't get in the way while im drumming and doing vocals at the same time?
  11. M

Drum and Cymbal polish?

Im looking for a cymbal polish that will not take off the brand name that is on the cymbals if it is applied. And also what is a good drum polish? Thanks!
  12. M

Stick recommendations?

Im sure this has come up a bunch, so i apologize. As a newbie looking for a pair of sticks.. what do you suggest? I play country and rock music. Heaviest i play is something like Soundgarden. All i have been playing with so far is a pair of sticks from a hard rock cafe.
  13. M

Mixer suggestions?

What do you guys recommend for a mixer to be used for a full band setup? Im looking to stay under 1K price point. Thanks
  14. M

Drum tabs or transcriptions?

Hi all, I have just started playing the drums, and am looking for some guidance on songs i want to play. I have played guitar for a long time, and besides listening to a song I always go online for help with parts I can't totally figure out by ear and a lot of times there is a tab for it (as...
  15. M

Pillow?

I was wondering if most people put a pillow inside their bass drum? I just received my new kit but it did not come with a pillow.
  16. M

vocal mic suggestions?

What would you recommend as far vocal mic for back up vocals?
  17. M

Good video for setting up drumset?

Im about to get my first drumset, and was wondering if there is a good video out there at shows how to set it up, and tune the drums... all the basics.Thanks!
  18. M

splash cymbal?

Just bought an avedis pack that includes high had, ride and two.crashes, and looking for a splash to go.with it
  19. M

Country Drummers?

Are there any famous country drummers on this board? If not, what are some famous ones? I am just curious as to what their setups are with their drums.
  20. M

Drum heads question from a newbie

Is there a good website that explains drum heads in detail for a newbie??