Search results

1. I

One final thread about drums before I go out an buy.

Okay, so I have gone back and forth about a lot of kits from renowns to an old ludwig and now to this. I went around town and played several different kits. The ones that stood out to me during this journey was... A tama starclassic maple, a yamaha Beech custom, and a yamaha Oak custom. All of...
  2. I

Need help identifying an supposed 80's ludwig

Hello, I found a ludwig kit in the back of a music shop that had been refinished and the inner shells painted a matte black. They were re-wrapped and look to be in alright shape. The store owner says the person who brought it in claimed it was an 80's ludwig, but due to the refinishing there...
  3. I

Pork pie Patina Brass snare vs Pork Pie Big black brass

So along with my new drum kit I will end up having around 180$ to spare. I love my current pork pie maple 14x7 snare, but I also love the sound of brass snares and was thinking of getting one. I found both of these at the same price in my budget, I was wondering which people consider better...
  4. I

Looking for a new drumkit 800$ ish

So I tried going for a mapex saturn, but I just couldn't find ones with the right sizes. I am looking for currently a drumset that I can pretty much settle down with as the last drumset I will need to buy to get the sound that I am looking for. I really like the tonal qualities of maple (I...
  5. I

Mapex Saturn Pro vs. Mapex Pro M

Hello, I found this forum to be immensely helpful in finding information on the Saturn Pro, but now I have run into a dilemma. First off, I have been playing on a new (poplar shell) export pretty much for most of the time I have played drums (8 years), however, I think it is time to move on. I...