Search results

1. A

Noble & Cooley snare tension adjustments?

Hello my fellow drummers. I just bought a N&C SS Classic 14x7 Maple snare drum, but I'm currently away from home for some time. I was just wondering if any owners of N&C's knew how to adjust the snare tension? I know there was a knob sort of thing near the throw, but didn't have time to mess...
  2. A

Cutting through

Hi, I recently started a thread called ''N&C SS or Ludwig BB''. It was me asking about those two snares. I got a chance to try a N&C and I fell in love. I didn't buy nothing, because I'm still scared that it will not cut through. So my question is that do 1 ply maple shells cut through at all...
  3. A

N&C SS or Ludwig BB?

Hello all my fellow drummers. I've got a lot of thinking to do, and I decided to ask some of your opinions. See, I've got a bit of a dilemma sort of thing going on. I've been looking for a new snare for some four years. During these years I've tried out a bunch of snares, some nice, some not so...
  4. A

22 K Heavy ride

I've been having my eye on this ride for quite some time now. What do you think about it? I know it is a HEAVY ride so its not going to be too crashable. If you own/owned one, what can you say about the tone. My main problem is price. This ride is discontinued, and I only know one place where...
  5. A

Do you think the ends justify the means?

Yea, the title sums it up. My standpoint on this is that if you'd have to tell a little harmless lie to help someone, then its ok. Some people just seem to use this statement in wrong style and start to abuse this fraze.
  6. A

Questions about cymbals...

Soo, yeah I've decided to start testing different kinds of cymbals from different companies. I currently own a pair of 14'' K hats from Zildjian, 16 and 18 inch thin Sultans from Istanbul mehmet and a 21'' AA Dry ride. I'm looking to switch over to all Zildjians. Can anyone recommend a...
  7. A

More snare choices...

So I recently posted a similar thread, but in this case I'm just gonna ask your opinions about these snares. Which one should I get, pros and cons about them? 1: Pearl Sensitone Elite Seamless aluminium 14''x''6.5 2: Yamaha Oak X Custom 14''x''07 3:Pearl Sensitone Elite brass 14''x''6.5...
  8. A

Snare choices...?

Hi, I have a chance of getting my hands on one of these two snares: 1: Ludwig 14 ''x6,5'' BB, Smooth shell, Imperial lugs 2: DW 14 ''x06'' Edge snare in Broken glass finish. The hard part is the decision, I wanna hear your opinion. The general good points in each of these, please don't say that...
  9. A

Sabian AAX or HHX?

So yeah, I've been looking up to some cymbals, and finally narrowed my search down to the AAX and HHX series. Could you guys tell me what each of these lines can do and which one would last longer (I'm a semi hard hitter) and which would be better for rock/punk/metal, because theres not a place...
  10. A

Paiste Sig. Reflectors

Hi! I'm new to this forum, so I decided to post a thread. So, I am considering buying Paiste Sig. Reflectors. I am probably getting the 14'' Heavy Full Hi-Hats, 16'' & 18'' Heavy Full Crashes, and a 22'' Power ride (Not the Powerslave version) I know that the 22'' has been discontinued but I...