Search results

1. S

Paiste 2002 Hi Hats...Medium or Heavy?

I'm currently using a pair of 14" Paiste Signature Sound Edge Hats and overall I love them. However, they have a very specific sound and I'm finding they may not be as versatile as I need in some settings. It seems they are a little overbearing in smaller club settings but they are absolutely...
  2. S

Paiste Help...Signatures vs 2002's

I have become recently intrigued with Paiste cymbals lately, specifically the Signature and 2002 series. I already have a complete set of Sabian AAX and AA's and they are going nowhere. Just looking for an additional "brighter" sound, possibly for another project. I am very familiar with the...
  3. S

Protection Racket bags w/Rims for Tama Starclassics

Does anyone know if the Protection Racket soft bags with Rims will accomodate Tama Starclassic Performer rack toms? I'm worried that the bulky Starcast Mounting system is too big for the bags. Protection Racket says the Rims bags are 1 inch bigger in diameter but the mountings on my drums...
  4. S

Tama Starclassics and floor tom issue...

I am seriously considering picking up a set of Tama Starclassic Performer B/B's but have one concen regarding the floor toms. The floor toms that are currently offered in their basic set-up are 12X14 and 14X16 with standard legs. My concern is...Will the legs offer enough height and if not...
  5. S

Spring tension on DW 5002 AD3...

Hi folks, I decided to pick up a double pedal last week to help make my set more club friendly and to condense my set down a bit. I previously played 2 single DW 5000 Accelerators for years that were the older single chain model. I love those pedals and got very good with them. Anyway, I...
  6. S

Intermediate drums + Pro cymbals = decent sound?

Hello guys and gals, Well...I have played drums on and off for over 20 years (I'm 44 yrs old now) but got out of it for the last 10+ years due to other obligations. I play anything from old Metal to new Rock. Regretfully, I sold my 80's Tama Superstars at that time and recently the bug has...