Search results

1. WhoIsTony?

What are you doing drumwise during the lockdown?

please hit me up if you have any questions at all. not saying you will even ever have an issue or question ... I just love helping people with things I happen to have experience and knowledge in. plus I know that learning to play jazz out of a book can be difficult and misleading plus I have...
  2. WhoIsTony?

Anyone remember this site or know where it is?

this is amazing... getting it now
  3. WhoIsTony?

does it just track the tempo or will it graph it out for you like the site did? I'm not familiar with it at all
  4. WhoIsTony?

there was a website a while back where you could type in pretty much any song and it would bring up a line graph showing how the tempo changed or did not change throughout the song it was completely amazing and now I have no idea where it is. I remember looking at Police and Zeppelin songs...
  5. WhoIsTony?

Lollipop Graveyard

you guys are kind we had a blast and they are writing more songs
  6. WhoIsTony?

bro I promise you ... if you do those 24 minutes a day of focussed stick control you will see a difference try to eventually do it without stopping ... like when your minute is up on #1 transition straight into #2 I bet you will want to do it longer ... if you feel that ... do it don't worry...
  7. WhoIsTony?

I usually have my students play each one for 1 minute straight ... so pg 5 is 24 minutes long but I worked on them until they came off the page ... meaning I didn't have to look at it ... I related them to things like songs and commercials or whatever to help memorize them for example #8 is...
  8. WhoIsTony?

you should probably become familiar with Stick Control ;) having pg 5 memorized is something I pretty much demand from every student as it was demanded of me possibly the most important page in drum book history along with pg 37 of Syncopation (38 in the new version I think)
  9. WhoIsTony?

Rick is pretty fantastic Check out his old K vid. Good stuff
  10. WhoIsTony?

I love the Wilcoxon stuff. ... and my hands aren’t all that good by any stretch and that Reflexx pad exposes you man... 😳 But thank you Lar for the kind words. Parathon is a fun one
  11. WhoIsTony?

I'm teaching 6 days a week via Zoom. Done 5 remote recording sessions for artists trying to finish their records... I have another track due tomorrow... going to try to work on it today. Doing a 4 way split screen "Isolation Jazz" video for a friend ... more difficult than it sounds. In some...
  12. WhoIsTony?

Lollipop Graveyard

Thanks guys ... we had fun making it
  13. WhoIsTony?

The First Kit You Got

22,13, 16 The original owner was a family friend who was also my brothers drum teacher it’s pretty mint thanks uncle L Stewart eh?
  14. WhoIsTony?

The First Kit You Got

This is the first kit I ever played in 1979 Still have it and recently restored it to period correctness after sitting on a shelf in my moms basement for 3 decades '65 Slingerland with Gene Krupa Sound King that originally came with it it used to have a full set of mixed A and K Zildjians ...
  15. WhoIsTony?

Lollipop Graveyard

Thanks man we have fun that part at :38 ... my son does this thing whenever I ask him a question ... “naahhh” “Ax you want cereal?” “Naahh” so when we got to that part ... he ad libbed the “man, I don’t wanna...” then for the next one I said ... do that thing you do every time I ask you a...
  16. WhoIsTony?

Lollipop Graveyard

My family and I are practicing Isolation Arts. Writing songs and having fun recording them. My kids decided they wanted to start a punk rock band called Lollipop Graveyard. They wrote this song called Butt In The Front I hope it gives you a smile vocals - Athena & Axl guitar - Crusty Rivets...
  17. WhoIsTony?

Thrash style double bass?

ha!!! no doubt people shit on LU but the drumming on Puppets is phenomenal ... that's all I need
  18. WhoIsTony?

Thrash style double bass?

I loved my Swingstar... Candy Apple Red in the late 80s it had two 22" bass drums ... 10,12, 13 rack and a 16 floor ... just draped with cymbals I literally laugh out loud when I think about sitting behind that thing and lugging the entire thing to gigs. my mom was our roady ... she drove...