Search results

1. D

Kit arrived late, and damaged, what to expect now?

The service department at SW is checking into this. As much of a pain as it would be to pack the entire kit back up, I will return the entire kit before waiting months for a replacement tom. This is my slow time so the time of year I get to enjoy me-time.
  2. D

I have not heard back from Sweetwater yet.
  3. D

Box was not banged up.
  4. D

I do not think I will be okay waiting on a replacement from Tama, I hear nothing but long wait times 3-9 months in most cases. This may be enough to make me reconsider DW drums if this is the case. They have every Bass and Tom available in almost every color.
  5. D

My order consisted of 4 boxes, they sent it from New Haven IN to PERRYSBURG, OH when its destination was St Louis, Mo. :oops: And yes, the order was late LOL.
  6. D

I agree it would be a major pain, for me it just depends on the wait for the replaced tom. My question I sent Ted is what happens if this happens down the road when not a return item, what if it were the bass what is the turn around time to replace an item.
  7. D

Was returning the entire kit an option?
  8. D

I sure hope so, trying to pack this entire kit back up would be a major pain, plus I would at least like to put the rest of it together and play minus the floor tom. If I have to wait on Tama to replace it, and the lead time is like others have had on ordering toms not sure I would do that either.
  9. D

So Fed Ex decided to ship my drums all over making them arrive late, then noticed the cracked shell :( This is on the bottom of the floor tom, I have emailed sweetwater and this late on a Saturday they are closed till Monday. Anyone have a clue if I will have to pack the entire kit back up and...
  10. D

Tama Starclassic or DW Performance?

Well they will be here Friday, changed my color at the last minute, guess I still am partial to Black. :)
  11. D

I did not know this, thanks and probably enough to make me go with the Tama.
  12. D

Sounds like me, I had placed the order and emailed and told them to hold on till morning. I am pretty sure I am going with one of the two above. Sound is most important and this will come up quite a bit cheaper considering the mounting is already included. The tom/cymbal stands are $250 each.
  13. D

Thanks, and I was wanting a 14" bass, but for me its more important to not have to wait 9 mos for a second mounted tom.
  14. D

Would it be worth going with a 22X16 Bass to get the extra tom? Tama 22X16 Bass Tama 22X16 Satin
  15. D

I have to say been surprised how few like the DW, but its why I ask. The problem with Tama is if I want the virgin bass I have to settle with the 2 toms for a long time. If I go with a bass mounted tom, I can get the toms I need, but have to go with 22X16 bass.
  16. D

Best Kit for $2000

That's what I have heard as well.
  17. D

Best Kit for $2000

Ha ha yes I do.
  18. D

Best Kit for $2000

I started with that goal, but have changed to $2000 for shells. :oops:
  19. D

I know many have helped me learn a ton of info and I appreciate it. I want a virgin bass, prefer to buy from this retailer as they are only 2 day shipping :) I am down to these two, the DW set would come with a 22X14 Bass. DW Pros are American made, easy access to add ons and drums at...
  20. D

Best Kit for $2000

I believe I have it narrowed down to these. I really like them all. Any final thoughts or advice? I like the 24" bass and availability of the toms to add. DW Performance 24" Pearl Session Studio Select 22" Tama Starclassic 22"