Search results

1. C

Inside of bass drum hoops - not painted anymore on a lot of kits- WHY?

I'm curious as to what other peoples thoughts are on this. Somewhere in the early 2000's (maybe earlier) a lot of drum companies stopped painting the entire bass drum hoop on all but their top of the line kits, and just started putting a clear coat finish, exposing the wood on the inside...
  2. C

Riolo kit for sale on Craigslist (CHEAP!)

I have my Riolo Customs for sale on Craigslist (Reading, PA) http://reading.craigslist.org/msg/2127530779.html It's become clear to me that only drummers could appreciate what I have for sale, so I figured I'd let all of you guys know. :) I hadn't planned on shipping these, but I will if...
  3. C

New 2010 Gretsch Catalina Birch Review

2010 Gretsch Catalina Birch Review This is the "standard" kit. There is also another kit in "Euro" sizes (toms 8x10 and 9x12), but i went with the bigger sizes because I had heard that birch has a slightly higher pitch, and I didn't want to fight with trying to make the drums sound lower than...
  4. C

New Gretsch Catalina Birchs ARE HERE!!!

Just went home for lunch and there they were. WOOHOO!! I didn't have time to unpack, set up and test drive because I had to get back to work....ugh! but...I DID unpack one of the rack toms... THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I will do a full review after getting everything set up this weekend...
  5. C

Buying high end professional kits...

Back in the day, you could go into a music store and sit down and play MANY kits. They had them all...beginner grade, intermediate, semi-pro, and Top of the line. The top of the lines were normally out of comfortable price range for most people, but at least you could still play those top end...
  6. C

Gretsch Catalina...ASH or the new BIRCH? Help me decide...

Hello all! I'm trying to decide on a new kit and maybe you all can help. I've already got myself a nice custom kit made by John Riolo at amdrumparts.com. It's got keller maple shells all wrapped in Antique White marine pearl and quite honestly is really sweet, but I've always wanted more oomph...