Search results

1. Knowbuddy

Rolls/Great Hands for a Lifetime/Double-Stroke Specifically...

Question for anyone, specifically those who might have messed around with Igoe's Great Hands DVD/Exercise: I am wondering about double-stroke or long rolls. I have what I use as my "technique" that I'm wondering (and hoping to God) I have not been doing incorrectly for all this time where I...
  2. Knowbuddy

Anyone have any idea how much this snare might be worth?

It's a 3.5x14 Pearl Hand-Hammered Red Brass Free Floating Piccolo Snare w/MasterCast Hoops. I'm moving and thinking of selling it, but I have been reading around a little bit and seen some sites that are calling it "rare" now, so I wondered if I should hold onto it some more or get rid of it...
  3. Knowbuddy

Beginning to use New Breed

I posted somewhere in a thread about New Breed, and I offered some knowledge about how I personally learned to use the book (and this method may be the one written in the book, I don't know, because I've never really read the text that I remember) Someone asked me for the info, and so I figured...
  4. Knowbuddy

To: Bernhard Castiglioni

I'm sure a few people have had to do this by now, and at the risk of sounding like a butt-kisser: Wow, sir. Wow. Your website is an absolutely fabulous hunk of the world wide web. I've been poking around drummerworld.com for a long time, and I am just recently starting to post on the boards...
  5. Knowbuddy

Not sure if this is a technique or gear question. Bass drum "buzz"...

Hey guys, Thanks again in advance for all of the input. I'm fairly new here, and I've been posting a good bit of questions (sorry! :D), and I REALLY appreciate all the input and opinions. Ok, so here's my question. I got the new DW drum set that some of you guys have seen in the other...
  6. Knowbuddy

Giving Drum Lessons - Hep!

Ok, so... I just found out that my current job may be ending earlier than I'd planned (I'm kinda like a temp-to-hire, except I might not get hired, they call them PRNs here... "as needed" people...) Anyway, I want to try to start making some money doing more musically related things, instead...
  7. Knowbuddy

Writing Original Drum Parts

Another quick question for some of you guys who have been writing drum parts for a long time: How do approach writing a part for a song that has never had drums put to it before? I'm about to start playing with a really bluesy/folky singer-songwriter kinda guy, and I'm kind of at a loss at...
  8. Knowbuddy

Looking for some suggestions about practicing and developing a routine?

Hey there guys, I'm sure this has been discussed many times here, but I would like to know what some of you guys do to: 1. Keep yourselves focused on what you're practicing (most importantly). I find that CONSTANTLY I'll sit down with, say, The Art of Bop Drumming book and begin to do some...
  9. Knowbuddy

NEW DRUMSET! Weee! DW Collector's Exotic

Hi there guys, I've been discussing for a couple months over in the Gear forum with some guys about how I can buy a new drumset. After a few months of saving, a little help from mom (LOVE YOU MOM!) and a quick search of my local drum shops, I found these puppies! Keep in mind, I've been...
  10. Knowbuddy

Remeber the "Your Drums: How did you buy them?" thread?

Well, I got em. Picking them up today at 6:00pm. Wait till you see... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!
  11. Knowbuddy

Wow. I have to share this with someone.

Last night, around 7:30, I anxiously approached the old and worn venue in Atlanta, GA that has been the stage for a countless amount of the world's best musicians, The Variety Playhouse. I was busy scrambling around in my head trying to prepare myself for what was coming, and I had no idea what...
  12. Knowbuddy

Your Drums: How did you buy them?

Hey guys, I have a question for some of you drummers out there with high-end "pro" drum sets. How did you get them? What are the methods you guys went through in order to get your "dream kit"? I'm in the market for a new drum set, but being 27 and never having had credit (I think there are...