Search results

1. S

Help with drum racks please

Hi everyone. I need some help with information regarding drum racks. I am in the process of getting a new Mapex Saturn kit with 8,10,12 rack toms and 14,16 floor toms. The floor toms I don't want mounted to a rack. Just the three rack toms and my cymbals. And possibly my rototoms if i can pull...
  2. S

Colored Cymbals Worth It?

I was reading the topic discussing the Zildjian Pitch Black cymbals and it got me thinking. Do all colored cymbals sound bad? Because I've seen video's of the Stewart Copeland Blue Ride Cymbal and it sounded great! I personally like the look of colored cymbals. (It was cool seeing the cymbal's...
  3. S

Mapex or DW?

I'm trying to figure out which of these kits I want farther down the road. (Needless to say it'll be a while) Here is what I've seen or heard. Maybe you'll agree with me... DW is the highest quality kit on the market right now. It has the most options and the best construction. It's also the...
  4. S

Mapex Pedals?

I was just wondering if anyone else here has ever used (or is using) Mapex Tri-Tonal bass drum pedals. I never have, but the tri-tone beater sounds interesting...
  5. S

Low Volume Good Sounding Cymbals?

Hi. I'm fairly new to drumming and I'm trying to figure out what would be some good cymbals. Preferably Zildjian. I'm in a 'band' with a few friends but we get together in the living room. Trying to find low volume but good sounding cymbals. From what I've heard, Avedis Zildjian sound good...