Search results

1. SquadLeader

Is this normal....

Gave notice to my bandmates yesterday that I'm leaving the band. We've been together for roughly 10 years. And we've become really good friends. Over the past couple of years things have become more and more of a toil. I love gigging. A couple of the other lads love making videos and recording...
  2. SquadLeader

My band's latest effort to impact on the annals of musical history....

Enjoy (if enjoy is the correct word).... Includes unique video content of the band.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq2NKAAnMJA&feature=youtu.be
  3. SquadLeader

Arse.....

Bought a new motorhome to replace our old camper van last week. Thought I'd covered everything... Found out earlier today that my bass drum doesn't fit through the door. Oops
  4. SquadLeader

Traditional Grip....what the hell am I doing wrong....

I've been struggling of late with a sore hand and decided that I would give traditional grip a go. I didn't expect it to be perfectly natural immediately, but did expect that I would be able to get by. And I sort of can...when playing the snare. However, when it comes to moving from snare to...
  5. SquadLeader

13" Tom-Tom plus stand required...

Can anyone give me a clue where I'd have best chance in UK of getting hold of a standalone 13" tom, ideally in silver sparkle, plus it's stand? I don't want a full kit but want to expand from one rack tom to two. Really struggling to find them for same...any ideas? Thanks in advance Martin
  6. SquadLeader

Weight Loss....

Just for those who provided me with advise a few weeks back. I started walking in early November and I'm now averaging over 4.5km per day. Weighed myself yesterday. Have lost 6 kilogrammes which is nearly one stone over here. Feel great. Really improved my stamina when playing drums. Thanks...
  7. SquadLeader

Drum throne...

Hi there. Is a "standard 7/8" fitting, (compatible with all Roc N Soc seats)" like REALLY a standard rather than a quirky Roc N Soc standard. I have a good quality Mapex seat which fits onto a similar looking fitting as the following. Can I be fairly assured do you think that it will fit if I...
  8. SquadLeader

Fat bastard...

So. I've touched upon the issue of my weight before. I'm truly a giant. I'm 6'2'' and weigh 25 Stone. I'm huge. Paradoxically I've never really felt unfit. I can play a one hour set of pretty fast paced music. I don't particularly suffer, although for a good ten minutes after a set I struggle...
  9. SquadLeader

That moment....

when you're playing this main stage next Friday night and your best mate texts you a photo and says "good crowd here mate, massive stage, see you next Friday night....no pressure" Joking apart....biggest gig a week today that I'll ever play in my life....the band are somewhat nervous
  10. SquadLeader

Self Indulgent Ego Massage....

I got invited last night to play on a young, up and coming, musician's next album. I think it's the nicest thing to have ever happened to me in relation to the world of music. The band I'm in have been helping this young lad for some time. He now plays regular support slots for us when we do...
  11. SquadLeader

Gigs.....

....Galore over the next few weeks. Is that the greatest feeling in the world or what (aside from obvious 'great' things outside music of course) ?
  12. SquadLeader

Happy Easter guys....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKjVbhAvGk0#t=83
  13. SquadLeader

Punk Scientists Discover Fourth Chord...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/punk-scientists-discover-fourth-chord-2015032496607 :-)
  14. SquadLeader

A Live Music Venue who do it right....

There's been many posts on here about crap-head music venues and promotors. And I've noticed this seems to be a common theme of most drum and general music messageboards... I want to give a big shout out for The Railway in Whaley Bridge. A pub/live music venue who does everything right from...
  15. SquadLeader

Dire Straits....

Does anyone remember a drummer called Terry Williams who played for Dire Straits. Featured on their Alchemy live album ? Just watching it again now for the first time in perhaps 20 years. What a player. Sheesh
  16. SquadLeader

Fee...

So, the band I'm in have been asked if we'd like to play at one of the UK's largest free festivals in 2015. The organisers have stated to us the following: "We would love to have you guys but obviously it comes down to cost. So what would it cost us to have you guys come play our festival"...
  17. SquadLeader

Christmas and New Year...

Unlikely to now post between now and New Year so may I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year and thanks to everyone on the message-board who make it so entertaining. It's great. And just for laughs, our band, Mutha Luvin Chimps, presents.... a Mutha Luvin Chimp Nativity...
  18. SquadLeader

The next generation....

My grand-daughter
  19. SquadLeader

Band vent....

Nothing which we've not heard on this forum a gazillion times.... But why is there always one completely lazy arsehole in every band I've ever played in who completely brings the band down, holds us back, and frustrates the rest of the band. And why am I always the one who rocks boats about it...
  20. SquadLeader

Real Band Dilemma....

So I'm in an absolutely belting band. I really like the music. And the last thing I want to do is walk out on the band. I think it would devastate me. It's the last band I'll likely ever be in, and definitely the best I have ever been in. But, we hardly ever play any gigs. Our bass player is a...