Search results

1. Peter256

LM402 tuning driving me crazy

Unless you put straight hoops on the drum and it solved the problem, it's just a theory that the hoops are the root cause of your issue.
  2. Peter256

Atlas hardware and bags.

My 9x13 with ATLAS and 16x16 with 3 ATLAS mounts fit. The key with the 16x16 is to put the bag on from the top first. But there are no issues getting the zippers closed. There is not a lot of extra room but it works fine.
  3. Peter256

Atlas hardware and bags.

I have Humes & Berg Galaxy cases. These cases are roomy, I have had other soft cases that were not as roomy. There is just enough room for the bd to fit. Zipper closes easily. See picture below. The floor tom and rack tom also fit in thes bags.
  4. Peter256

Two legged Hi Hat stands

I have a Tama Lever Glide HH905D two leg stand. The trick to getting it solid as a rock is to not let it bottom out completely before tightening the legs. Then the tripod effect comes from the two legs and the heel if that makes any sense.
  5. Peter256

New Ludwig Speed King

@bermuda thinks MAP is $199. More info here - https://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-speedking.168672/page-2
  6. Peter256

New Ludwig Speed King

The rumors are true. Spotted on Ludwig's website.
  7. Peter256

Stupid things people have said or asked you about playing drums while gigging

Your drums look exactly like Ringo's. (my drums are sky blue pearl)
  8. Peter256

Favorite head combos for maple shell?

Coated Amb will definitely accomplish what you want. I have the Aquarian equivalent of coated Emp/Amb on my CM rack tom, warmed it up compared to the clear Amb reso it previously had.
  9. Peter256

Pearl Eleminator Demon Drive maintenance

The Ninja OEM bearings are not that great. I replaced mine with better skateboard bearings when the original ones developed a slight amount of play, cost next to nothing for a lifetime supply.
  10. Peter256

Who likes dark themes for websites? Who doesn't care?

Black background with white text is form over function. I dislike it and find it difficult to read. FWIW, I'm 65 years old. Just my 2 cents.
  11. Peter256

Ludwig classic maple bass drum tuning

Some claws require a small spacer on the t rods, send a picture.
  12. Peter256

My testament to nail polish on stick tips

...or you can use Super Glue. Works great, try it.
  13. Peter256

What famous drum or drum set would you like to play in person?

I'm a simple guy, it would be Charlie Watts' Gretsch kit for me.
  14. Peter256

Ahead S Hoops. WOW!

I changed the NOB batter hoop with an S-Hoop on my early-60s 5x14 Pioneer snare and loved the results. It tunes and plays like a Jazz Festival now. My theory is the stiffer hoop compensates for the 6 lugs. Got an 8 lug version to try on my early-60s 5x14 Slingerland 8-lug student snare with...
  15. Peter256

Question about Ludwig Classic Maples

There are no obvious issues with my 2019 CM edges. Haven't put them on a marble slab and done a light test, just going by looks and running my fingers on the edges.
  16. Peter256

Head Change

Ludwig by Remo with glue, clear Emperor. Not the newly available Ludwig Remo silver dots.
  17. Peter256

Head Change

I couldn't remove the Ludwig (made by Remo) clear batter heads on my new 2019 Ludwig CM toms fast enough. I replaced them with Aquarian Super 2 Coated heads. Tremendous improvement. Also replaced the BD batter with Aquarian SK II, big improvement as well.
  18. Peter256

Why are some guitarists so hard to play with?

Yikes, time to find a new rhythm guitarist.
  19. Peter256

Why are some guitarists so hard to play with?

It's a concept called "rubato". Listen to the way Willy Nelson sings on slow tunes. You wouldn't follow his styling as a drummer. You have to set a solid time and let him weave in and out of the time. Yeah, it's hard and I don't like it either. If everyone in the band plays that way at the same...
  20. Peter256

Is this kit plAyed by butch trucks of the Allman brothers worth $1,000

"peddle"... Sounds like a Craigslist ad.