Search results

1. D

Your next planned purchase

At this point all I plan to buy is sticks and heads. Peace and goodwill.
  2. D

Small Crashes Anyone?

I must fess up. I took the 15" and 17" crashes to church because of the low volume at which we play. I now have 17' and 19" AAX X-plosion Crashes. Peace and goodwill.
  3. D

Real wood veneers, or engineered?

I care about how the drums sound. I care about how they look. I care about how well the drums last (durability). How they are described does not matter to me at all. Peace and goodwill.
  4. D

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

Here my new setup of my only kit. Peace and goodwill
  5. D

Looking for recommendations for lightweight cymbal stands.

I like the Gibraltar 4700 series. I have two of the boom stands, and they are light weight and sturdy. Peace and goodwill.
  6. D

Mounted vs virgin kick

I finally put a tom mount on my bass drum. It is a Gibraltar. Peace and goodwill.
  7. D

The Saturn 'exhibition room' (post your saturn kits)

Here is my updated kit. I added a Pearl-style tom holder to the bass drum (even though it is actually a Gibraltar). Peace and goodwill.
  8. D

Small Crashes Anyone?

Here is a picture of my cymbals. I finally got a chance to play them all together, and they sound very good to me. Peace and goodwill.
  9. D

Small Crashes Anyone?

I had a Sabian AA 16" Thin Crash that sounded rather splashy. The 15" SR2 Thin Crash I bought yesterday does not sound splashy. Peace and goodwill.
  10. D

What's your latest purchase?

Yesterday I bought a Sabian SR2 15" Thin Crash. It blends well with what I already had. Peace and goodwill.
  11. D

Small Crashes Anyone?

I ended up with these cymbals (long story). 21" HHX Evolution Ride 17" AA Medium-Thin Crash 14" SR2 Hats (medium top, heavy bottom) Even though the Evolution Ride is very crashable, I felt I need another crash. So today I bought an SR2 15" Thin Crash for $99. So I have ended up with 15" and...
  12. D

Heads with a Warm Sound

My favorite snare batter head ever is the Evans coated UV2. Peace and goodwill.
  13. D

How many rides and hi hat pairs do you have?

Now for my fifth response to this topic: AAX 20" Dry ride AAX 19" X-plosion Crash (used as a crash-ride) I ended up taking both of the above cymbals to church. I brought home an HHX 21" Evolution Ride, which is very crashable. SR2 14" Hats (heavy bottom, medium top) I still have these hats...
  14. D

Cymbal Stand Help / Advice

I have cut the top off of two different cymbals stands in the past to use cymbal springs on them for a China cymbal. Maybe that is what happened. Peace and goodwill.
  15. D

One less tom/cymbal - stripping down kit

Right now I am using two toms, bass drum, and snare. For cymbals it is hats, 17" crash, and 21" crashable ride (HHX Evolution). That is about as small as I want to go. Peace and goodwill.
  16. D

Carter Beauford Replica

That looks like fun to play. Way to go. Peace and goodwill.
  17. D

No ride? good, bad idea?

My 19" Sabian AAX X-plosion Crash makes a good washy ride. Peace and goodwill.
  18. D

How many rides and hi hat pairs do you have?

This is my fourth response to this topic. Ride AAX 20" Dry ride AAX 19" X-plosion Crash (used as a crash-ride) Hats SR2 14" Hats (heavy bottom, medium top) Peace and goodwill.
  19. D

The "drum audition"...for vehicles.

We have a Honda Fit and a Buick Encore. Even though the Encore is a bigger car, the Honda has more room for gear. If I am just taking drums, I drive the Buick Encore. If I need to also take PA gear, I drive the Honda Fit. Peace and goodwill.
  20. D

What drumming advice would you give to a younger you?

Play more guitar (to be more able to write songs). Play a four-piece kit. Wear hearing protection. Eat better. Keep your Corder set! Peace and goodwill.