Search results

1. C

Marching Snare Sticks

Hi there, I am looking at marching snare sticks. This year in my marching band, we are doing a show called "Spartacus" (Roman). What sticks would you recommend for this type of music? Also, another question. Last year with our marching band, we did a latin show, with latin music. Snares used...
  2. C

NYC blue guide and eyewitness guide

Hi there, I am looking at different NYC guides, but two of them that catched my eye are blue guide and eyewitness. For anyone who has either one or both of these books, what are your thoughts on these two guides? What does blue guide and eyewitness have to offer? Maps/images? Attractions...
  3. C

What drummers have marched?

Did Neil Peart ever March? How about... Mitch Mitchell JoJo Mayer Steve Gadd Terry Bozzio Mike Portnoy Johnny Rabb Buddy Rich Hal Blaine If there are any others, just post
  4. C

Ongoing hi hat problem

I have been having a hi hat problem that has been ongoing for at least 10 months. What happens is that I will be playing my hi hat, and then it will suddenly close as im playing it, and it will stay closed. But then, when I try to open it, it will autumatcally close again without me doing...
  5. C

MARCHING PERCUSSION

Hi there, If you were in drum line or drum corps, this is your place to talk and comment about marching percussion.
  6. C

50 ways to leave your lover

If you listen to 50 ways to leave your lover by Paul Simon, there is something playing on the up beats. What is that something?
  7. C

Jam block mounting

Ok, so I recently got a lp piccalo jam block, but the mounting bracket on the back of it fell off. How do I put it back on so I can mount it?
  8. C

Favorite Versions Of Songs

I am posting a thread to see what peoples favorite versions of songs are. For me, I will use the signature song for my favorite band. Most of you probaly know it. Here is a live version with a video intro that i like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF5FKs6e_MU Here is another one that was...
  9. C

Free Drum Sheet Music

Hi, Does anyone know any good websites with free drum sheet music? Keep in mind, Im looking for FREE, not one of those websites, where you get a one page sample but have to pay 25 dollars for the whole thing. Also, no drum tabs. Also, does anyone know where you can get free drum music for...
  10. C

What do you think of playing open handed?

Im just wondering, because i play open handed.
  11. C

you gotta see this

you gotta see this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E
  12. C

John Rutsey

John Rutsey was the original drummer for rush. He was part of the original lineup, along with frontman Jeff Jones, and guitar player Alex Lifeson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rutsey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(band)
  13. C

"New World Man" - Rush

Hi, Just a question. What is it that neil is hitting on beats 2 and 4 in the prechorus of the song. (Lyrics are "Learning to match the beat of the Old World man Learning to catch the heat of the Third World man.")
  14. C

What part of the cymbal is the crown?

Ok, so I am currently studying "if 6 was 9" by Hendrix. I am using the book "experience Hendrix", and in the chart for the song it says above a sixteenth note grouping on the ride cymbal "on crown." What does this mean?
  15. C

"Cosmik Debris" Frank Zappa

Hi, Here are some points of interest you can listen to in "Cosmik Debris" br Frank Zappa. 1. Intro (Begining) 2. Xylaphone lick (1:44) The verse and ending are pretty easy to play. If you have any parts of interest, or any comments about a part above, please comment.
  16. C

Single Stroke Roll

Lets say I wanted to play a single stroke roll on the snare drum. How should I go about doing that?
  17. C

Fill in "Space Oddity" by David Bowie.

Hi, There is this one fill in "Space Oddity" by David Bowie that I'm not so sure about. It is the fill going into the first chorus. The fill only has 3 beats to it, but the song is in 4/4 time. Does the fill start on beat 2 of that measure, or is the measure in 3, or something else? There is no...