Search results

1. I

Good Venues Thread

I've noticed a few posts recently about pay-to-play stuff and other things of that nature. I personally think that if you extend your borders a bit and become willing to travel a little further, there's no reason to ever have to play these kinds of shows if you don't want to. There're still...
  2. I

Old improv video

was looking at my youtube profile and thought I'd post this old improv that I did to test out my new camera a while back. Go easy, I've made many improvements since this video was recorded, and I only look so stiff because I had just set up the kit before band practice and not warmed up at all...
  3. I

Zildjian K crashes

I have a 16" K Dark Thin Crash and an 18" K Custom Dark Crash that I'm looking to sell. Anyone here interested? Also for sale is a 16" A Custom crash that is only about 8 or 10 months old, and a nearly brand new 18" A Custom with a couple of 2 or 3 millimeter cracks running from the edge...
  4. I

Dennis Chambers' foot technique?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6c5_5WdAmY lol can anyone explain to me what the hell it is that he's doing with his feet here? It looks like some sort of RRL or Swiss triplet on both kick pedals, but the hi-hat is playing quarter notes at the same time. I swear it looks like both kick...
  5. I

Kick drum tuning

How does everyone else tune their kick drums? Personally I've found that if I go finger tight on both heads (no drumkey even involved) my 24" kick sounds great. I've recently started going about a quarter turn past finger-tight though because the tension rods were spinning out very quickly and...
  6. I

Sabian cymbals...

New here, so hi. What's up. all that. Anyway, can anyone here recommend good Sabian cymbals that I won't break playing 500-2000 capacity venues every night for around a month or so? I ask because I've played Zildjians my whole life, but Sabian may be offering me a full endorsement pretty...