Search results

1. M

new demo

needs some work, I know. Let me know what you think. www.duendetrio.com
  2. M

Show us your Largest Venue!

Heinz Field, Pittsburgh. Every Saturday Does marching band count?
  3. M

A great GC trip

My local GC had a used 24" K light ride, and since I've been wanting this cymbal for quite a while, but couldn't shell out upwards of $400, I figured I'd trade in my current ride (20" paiste signature full). Also, I'd been using two 16" K crashes as hihats off to my right that I don't utilize...
  4. M

my new improv (jazz?) project

Hey guys, So I just threw a few scratch tracks my band made up on to myspace. We just started playing together about a month or so ago and this is what we came up with. It's my first real foray into improvisational music so please excuse the sub par drumming. Feedback please! Thanks...
  5. M

Obed Calvaire

I don't know how this guy isn't more well known. He's the current drummer for Sean Jones. Super musical, super groovy, super NASTY! Check it out: http://www.myspace.com/seanjonesjazz
  6. M

too much?

I use 2 crashes, both 16" K's, one med/thin and the other thin. I was looking for a bigger crash, anywhere from 18" to 20" that's nice and dark and mysterious. I was thinking maybe an 18" Constantinople. Now I'm thinking of going crazy. I just got the 20" Paiste signature full ride and that has...
  7. M

Pedal Problem

Ok, so I'm setting up my drums for a show the other night and I attach the pedal (DW 9000) and give it a few test kicks. All I hear is "click click click." Basically, the foot board was making contact with the base plate, not good. I adjusted the board height back towards me and that fixed the...
  8. M

music in cities not named New York or LA

I'm having a little trouble here. I just moved back home to beautiful/sunny Pittsburgh Pa. The past four years I've been living and gigging in NYC where I also studied at The Collective. For financial reasons I moved home. I'm trying to get into the music scene here in Pittsburgh, but I'm slowly...
  9. M

paiste sig full

I just wanted to let you know about my cymbal buy tonight. I wanted to replace my ride, 20" AAX stage, with something a little darker with a good bit of wash. Went to GC with a budget of around $300. They had a used 20" Paiste signature full ride, mint condition; clean, no key-holing whatsoever...