Search results

1. ineedaclutch

Restoring my first vintage snare!

Here is a quick clean up I did a few weeks ago on a Supra I scored. Dawn, water, and a wheel scrub brush. Yours looks great and you got a recorder cleaner!
  2. ineedaclutch

On what albums do you think every single song is excellent?

There are many but these are my safe bets and I don't grow tired of them. D'Angelo- Voodoo McCoy Tyner- The Real McCoy Lagwagon- Hoss
  3. ineedaclutch

which loudest/projection for piccolo snare?

Yes sir. I picked up one today while I was out messing around.
  4. ineedaclutch

Soft/heavy sounding hi-hats

PorkPieGuy just said everything I wanted to say. Having balance in your technique is often overlooked. The Stage hats are thick and I don't think the 2002 are going to necessarily be lower in volume as they cut very well. You might want to look for a thinner top hat or 14" crash to use as a top...
  5. ineedaclutch

Gibraltar Stealth Docking Station

If you do any bow hunting you already have a case for it.
  6. ineedaclutch

David Lee Roth residency in Vegas

He's going to turn into Sam Kinison?
  7. ineedaclutch

No Ride Cymbal?

Nothing wrong with not using a ride if the music doesn't call for it. When I was gigging heavily with a modern dance band I replaced my rack tom with a Sample Pad Pro and my ride with a set of 18" hats.
  8. ineedaclutch

What should I do with this $100 snare?

You can slap a collarless Remo snare side head on the reso side. It will conform to the reso edge and beds a little easier. That's what I used on my Pioneer.
  9. ineedaclutch

G1 Clear Head for Snare

I think GD wanted more ring.
  10. ineedaclutch

Zildjian ZBTs

What are your current 30yo cymbals? You may already have the good stuff. Also, don't waste the money on the ZBTs.
  11. ineedaclutch

What drumset is this?

The t rods on the bass drum look like Trixon, but not much else. I'm guessing Gracy or Clear Sound mij stencil kit iirc. They were probably made by Pearl or Star (Tama).
  12. ineedaclutch

Down the rabbit hole: attempting super low cost pancake kit

The first pic looks like the shell is undersized. Do you have spacers for the lugs?
  13. ineedaclutch

Restoration

Stain will just make the bearing edge ugly, but lacquer will build up and harden, so it should be kept away from edges. A little blue tape and you're good. You mentioned restaining so is this kit stained? If so, that's another can of worms.
  14. ineedaclutch

Ludwig NEUSONIC FAB DIGITAL BLACK OYSTER SE

As strange as the wrap is, I could see that looking really good under stage lights.
  15. ineedaclutch

Caption contest!

I'm going to try and rest for a bit. Try to keep it down please.
  16. ineedaclutch

Looking for a new single pedal and found a good double pedal deal: any reason to not buy it?

Go for it. You may as well have the option and spare parts.
  17. ineedaclutch

What drumming advice would you give to a younger you?

What? Who is Constance and when is she bringing in the beers?
  18. ineedaclutch

Show us that one cymbal you just couldn’t live without

It is great. I did pick up one of the revamped 21" Zildjian A Sweet Rides and it is great for a hat/one cymbal setup too.
  19. ineedaclutch

What's your latest purchase?

I picked up these little fellas a while back. - 21" Zildjian A Sweet Ride - 14x6" Tama S.L.P. Bubinga
  20. ineedaclutch

Show us that one cymbal you just couldn’t live without

My 20" Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride. It is a great all-purpose cymbal. If I am only using hats and one cymbal it is almost always this one.