Search results

1. Tamaefx

Question about the Gretsch Renown '57

Hi everyone, Just one simple question about the Gretsch Renown '57 Motor City. As some may know through the forum "your gear", I purchased a 5 piece Candy Red Motor City. A real bargain, as good as new. I know the '57 was a limited edition, I know that the red and the black ones were available...
  2. Tamaefx

Some new gear at home : Gretsch 57

Hello everyone, I absolutely didn’t need a new kit, but sometimes you come across bargains you can’t let go. I brought it home yesterday evening, so just a teasing.
  3. Tamaefx

Flats Drums

Hello everyone, I wanted to show my second kit. Beside my faithful Premier; I also own an uncommon Arbiter kit. Some may not known this brand neither this kit. It's an Arbiter Flats Pro. 22 10 12 14. A non-pro version used to exist with smaller bass drum and fragile plastic hoops. So there...
  4. Tamaefx

Youngtimer back on the road : Premier XPK

Hi every one, I wanted to share this : I've recently finished "restoring" a mid- 90's XPK drum kit. I bought it for a small amount of money (200€ - 4 piece), in pretty bad shape. I wanted to take it back on the road, repairing the broken parts, do some deep cleaning, new skins of course, and...
  5. Tamaefx

Head suggestion for Flat Drums

Hello everyone, for practical reason you may guess, I play more and more on my Arbiter Flat pro. I bought it cheap few years ago, it still has its original skin set (Pinstripe on toms and Powerstroke on BD) and I would like to change them. Sizes are standard 22 - 10 12 14 : the 10 and 12 sound...
  6. Tamaefx

Spare parts bag for concerts

Hello guys, I was wondering if you are used to preparing a bag of parts, spare or tools when you plan a concert ? Screws, tools, lamp, spare head, gaffa tape, felts, ???? I have had bad memory of concerts with snare wires problems (2 times . . . Unlucky) so, even if it's cumbersome, I take a...
  7. Tamaefx

Soloing into a groove

Hi everyone, In my band, we play covers that we personalise a bit, 45 songs by now, we're far from pro but doing quite well, with real personality even if it's just covers. In a classic rock song, 4/4 straight 120bpm, I do a drum solo, thought it was a good idea, it flows well with the guitar...
  8. Tamaefx

Ludwig classic long lugs value ?

Hello guys, I'd like a little bit of advise on this. I have an offer for a Ludwig classic maple long lugs, possibly from 1994 1995. Deep toms : 22x16 12x11 13x12 16x16. See through colour and modular hardware (no rims). the kit seems in good shape and those are pretty rare in France. It's quite...
  9. Tamaefx

Tama Granstar : Worth ?

Hello guys, I have the opportunity of purchasing what seems to me a good bargain. A guy is selling a complete Tama Granstar (22 12 13 16 + snare) with some hardware (hi hat stand snare stand cymbal stand, complicate tom arms). The price is low after little talking : 400 € > 472 $. Seems...
  10. Tamaefx

TRICKY 16"

Hi everyone, I come to ask you some advises. I have a big Premier Signia with suspended floor toms. I have changed heads quite recently, clear G1 on the 10 12 13 and G14 on the 14x12 and 16x14". The four first toms sound and tune like breeze, lively and coherent. My problem is more about the...
  11. Tamaefx

Go Simple ply all the way

Hi Guys, After having always played twin plies tom heads, I did a test few weeks ago : I had a 12" Clear Ambassador that was doing nothing, so I decided to test the sound. I was not entirely satisfied with my G2 coated on my Premier, I liked them a lot on my former Tamas, but not on the...
  12. Tamaefx

Tamaefx Premier Signia

Hey guys, Newly subscribed this forum, let me show my drum kit ! So, after many mid level Tama kits : 3 rockstars, 1 superstar and Silverstar, I bumped into this bargain. One of my dream kit. So it's a seven pieces Signia : 22x16, 10x9, 12x10, 13x11, 14x12, 16x14 Coral White plus a snare drum...
  13. Tamaefx

New member from France

Hi everyone, I've finally took a step forward and joined this forum after reading a lot of interesting people. So I introduce myself, I'm Tamaefx, I'm French, living not too far from Paris. I'm in my forties, but not feeling so :-) and I've been playing drum as an enthusiast for something...