Search results

1. KEEF

Spds-x as light controller??

Anybody got any experience with using the midi outs to control lighting via laptop (lightjams or similar)? How does it effect the audio samples? Do you just set a 'kit' for the lights and all the other kits just function normally? Appreciate any help - complete midi novice. Thanks in advance
  2. KEEF

Remo Colourtone

Anybody using these? The Remo website 'advertises' them on acrylic kits ( for visual effect obviously) but they are effectively advocating Emperors top and bottom. Would appreciate anyone's experience with Emperors on both sides - coloured or otherwise...
  3. KEEF

Lyrical meanings

After a discussion with my band mates last night about the reason behind the title of Chicago's 25 or 6 to 4, I pointed out the common misconception of the meaning of the lyrics in Turning Japanese by the Vapours. I received this from my singer this morning and it made me laugh so much I...
  4. KEEF

Gig price breakdown

Interesting piece on the costings behind what function bands charge ...... https://www.alivenetwork.com/blogs/customer-advice.asp?id=174
  5. KEEF

Just like busses....

Been on the lookout for a used Tama Starphonic Aluminium for ages to no avail - no sign of one anywhere! Yesterday I finally gave up and pulled the trigger on a brand new for £330. Arrived today with all the 'new drum excitement'- but before i even get a chance to get it out of the box and hit...
  6. KEEF

The longest wait?

So...day 371 and counting! Purchased a Tama B/B and ordered an add on 14x14ft last May. Knew about the Cites issues with Bubinga, so double checked with my retailer I could still get add ons and was told yes - 4 month lead time. 12 months+later and still no sign. I know Kamak had a yearlong...
  7. KEEF

Greetings from Keef

Hey DW! Finally signed up after lurking for YEARS... back beyond sticks' Saturn rant and the best cape for a gig era,through the demise of the Sun dog, Uncle Larry's generosity, and Andy's thinly veiled advertising... DW has been a fountain of inspiration and advice and i thank you all! Anyway...