Search results

1. Armor of Light

New kit! Pearl Session Studio Select

I've always appreciated Pearl. That is a very beautiful kit, and having owned a couple of Pearl Session series...I know that mysterious punchy-feely sound is the best!
  2. Armor of Light

Killer Bands: Gone But Not Forgotten!

Just saw them! Gladly paid the 80.00 for a meet-n-greet. Only band I would do that for. They are swinging back through the states, and I can't recommend them highly enough. They are on fire and having fun.
  3. Armor of Light

Killer Bands: Gone But Not Forgotten!

I dig your Minor Threat avatar.! Straight Edge, Baby. The Angels from Angel City Riot Angry Samoans The Call
  4. Armor of Light

Carry On Wayward Son band cover

Darn fine work, friend! Everyones mix sounds great, too.
  5. Armor of Light

How do I start punk-drumming?

Ha! Well.. They have some incredibly good songs, tho
  6. Armor of Light

That makes me want to punch something. Kick&Punch&Kick&Punch Land Speed Record
  7. Armor of Light

A worthy punk response. Go old-school Mitch Mitchell attitude as well. Or Keith Moon.
  8. Armor of Light

Common Classic Rock Shuffles

Fool in the Rain_Zeppelin..? That's a shuffle, correct?
  9. Armor of Light

First time you were paid to play?

Waaaaait a minute.. You guys get PAID??
  10. Armor of Light

Best music documentaries

Who the hell is Malcom Dome, and why is he on every documentary?
  11. Armor of Light

What are your favorite albums?

We're good with "album" for now, I think. al·bum /ˈalbəm/ noun 1. a blank book for the insertion of photographs, stamps, or pictures. "the wedding pictures had pride of place in the family album" 2. a collection of recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, or another medium
  12. Armor of Light

Heavy Metal/Power Metal Drumming.

Tama Superstars(?) come in either Maple and Birch with a 7 piece I believe. Under 1000.00 USD around here in a Music Store. I visited one of your greatest furniture makers a couple of years ago..I quite enjoyed Odense and the surrounding area.
  13. Armor of Light

Best music documentaries

Iron Maiden: Flight 666 is very entertaining. They seem so happy with their 747 and extended tour family. Must be something to live that! Dave Grohl did end up with that mixing board. That was an excellent documentary.
  14. Armor of Light

HELP ME RE-DESIGN THE IDEA OF A DRUMSET

I have to agree with trickg on this. I'm a Product Engineer for a large "office environment" manufacturer. Also, my son is a senior at Kendall College of Art & Design, so I understand your enthusiasm. Drums, Bicycles, Pianos, Toilets, Ovens, Razors, etc.. were perfected a long time ago. All...
  15. Armor of Light

My First Band has ended. Kind of. Need advice..

Their new band are all long time mutual friends. "Our Band" was me knowing only the Bass player (friend for 30 years) and I met the Guitarist twice in 1994.
  16. Armor of Light

Well, I'm 53 and handled everything with tremendous grace and dignity. But then I hung up the phone.
  17. Armor of Light

Long story short: Started as a 5 piece with 2 singer/guitarists 2 years ago. Me & Bass are 30+ year friends, but first band together. Bass & all other members are friends and have played in various formations for years. So I know 1 guy. The singers faded away, so we carry on as a 3-piece. I...
  18. Armor of Light

You'll need North drums for this...

It aint a piano until Jerry Lee Lewis plays it!
  19. Armor of Light

What are your favorite albums?

Damn, man..that's a great list! Love the Ruts..I wish I could talk my band into playing their stuff..
  20. Armor of Light

Old Yamaha DTXplorer giving up the ghost...

Can't go wrong with the Alesis DM10 Studio. Used prices even with mesh heads are right around 500. Some people ask more, but they are on drugs.