Search results

1. E

DRUMMERS, How do or would you handle falling off the click on a song with a backing track?

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the replies! After reading through the comments I have learned a couple of things: 1. ) To pause if I go off the click and come back in. This makes sense but I can’t see how it would work in many situations. There are many places where there is no backing...
  2. E

DRUMMERS, How do or would you handle falling off the click on a song with a backing track?

So, my band of the last 2 years uses backing tracks for all of our songs in our set. I hear a click in my in-ears and am pretty good about staying on it. When I first joined the band I had a slip up and had to pull the tracks (run from a laptop) due to missing the count in. Fortunately, that...
  3. E

How do you cover band drummers learn a whole set list in just a couple of weeks?

So, I am wondering how a drummer would join up with a cover band in a short period of time, say 3 weeks. I am talking about an original drummer who is very skilled but has never been in a cover band and therefore will need to learn ALL songs from the bands set. I know this is usually around 40...