Search results

1. R

Abs and double bass

Question to double bass players: It is a known fact you have to have strong core to play double bass cause of balance. Does it involve flexing/holding in your abs muscles? How can you breathe, if so? Or do you guys play vompletfly relaxed jn your core? Opinions?
  2. R

Help with fill transcription

Hi, can anyone help write out/tab the chaotic fill at 2:30 in this song: Thanx
  3. R

convicted in life

Can someone please explain/tab to me, how to play drum intro to Convicted in life by Sepultura? thanx
  4. R

Need help with a fill

Can someone help me figure out how to play the fill in this song at 3:13 - 3:15 ? It is based on some kind of triplet I believe?
  5. R

locked ankles

I know that some drummers play bass drum with locked ankles/full leg motion, especially metal drummers. For a few months I have been trying to make the transition from playing with a combination of leg and ankle to full leg, since I believe it gives more power, but my feet somehow cant get used...
  6. R

how to play bass drum like this

Hello everyone. This is my first post so please be considerate. My question is, how to play the bass drum like in around 1:28 in this video when Paul Bostaph plays the skank/thrash beat? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krZiLhKk_qc&feature=related I am interested mainly in the fact that his...