Search results

1. gdmoore28

What's Dixon Drums Been Up To?

The last time I had any contact with Dixon drums was at the last NAMM show I attended - early 2000s???? It's been quite a while. Anyway, I ran across a link to their web site and decided to see what they have on offer now, and I'm rather impressed. Seems they've gone to lengths to introduce a...
  2. gdmoore28

The Lowly Pillow - How I Have Neglected Thee . . . .

Because I'm a traditionalist, I feel . . . naked? . . . deprived? . . . incomplete? . . . when I don't have my ride cymbal "riding" on my bass drum, and my splash cymbal splashing away atop a similar L-arm on the opposite side. So, today I installed the latter of the two appendages to...
  3. gdmoore28

How Do I Upload Pic From My Computer Here?

I have a number of interesting photos taken on my visit to John Ollis and his incredible buyout of the Gibson/Slingerland/Conway remaining stocks. I'll save my narration until I can figure out how to upload the pics (files) from my computer to the site. When I finally find the "Import Files"...
  4. gdmoore28

The New Tama Starclassic Walnut/Birch

They look exactly as you'd expect from Tama: fantastic, and ready to take the mantle from the recent birch/bubinga models. https://www.tama.com/eu/products/drum_kits/starclassic_performer_wb_drumkit.html What I find really interesting about them (besides the beautiful finishes) is one of...
  5. gdmoore28

Bent Sweet Ride - How Much Would You Pay?

Had a few minutes to waste the salesman's time today, so decided I'd browse around the GC cymbal room for a bit. I came across a badly-damaged 23" Zildjian A Sweet Ride with a price in the high $300 range. On one side there was a distinctive bent edge about 6inches wide that extended about 1.5"...
  6. gdmoore28

Eye-Watering Close To The Edge Cover

Ladies and Gents, we have all seen some awesome covers on YouTube. Tonight I ran across the CoverOfCovers - Band Geek covering Yes's Close To The Edge, all the way thru, no breaks, in one take. If you are a Yes crazy like me, be prepared for a revelation. https://youtu.be/aG-x1VbHRFg GeeDeeEmm
  7. gdmoore28

And The "Winner" Is . . . .

I stopped off at Guitar Center today on the way home from my doctor's appointment and, as usual, headed directly to the cymbal room after grabbing a wood-tipped stick. As luck would have it, all the new ride cymbals were mounted down low under other cymbals, and all the labels were turned inward...
  8. gdmoore28

Drum Building Zenith? Where to now?

When it comes to drum development, I think we have reached the zenith and are now on the flat side of the curve. Our technology has led us to the point that, once we exceed $500 or so for a small shell pack, we are ascending the quality ladder at smaller and smaller increments. Sometimes we are...
  9. gdmoore28

Where's DrumChat.com?

Can't download the site. Have seen postings by others who are unable to download, either. Anybody know? GeeDeeEmm