Search results

1. C

Butter on cymbals?

I have a set of A customs, and would like to darken them up. I know that over time, oil from your hands fills in the lathes and darkens the sound of the cymbal...I know that butter has alot of oil, but of course is not the same as oil from your skin, but would it have somewhat the same effect? I...
  2. C

Shell Construction

I had an idea and thought I would share it...Pearl Reference kits use different kinds of wood for shell construction. I thought about using a slightly thicker shell all the way down - Say you were using 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, and 22x18. I'm pretty sure, most of the time, the shell on a bass...
  3. C

Pearl Philharmonic Brass

Does anyone have any experience with the pearl brass philharmonic? I bought a 14x6.5 and has yet to arrive (I'm itching super bad)...There aren't any people that have written reviews online, but I was seeing if anyone here had heard/played one before...
  4. C

K Customs mixed with A Customs...

I have no experience with the K Customs, and haven't been to the drum store in awhile (35 miles away). I own a set of A Customs and wanted to get a K crash of sorts. Does anyone know if these cymbals would match very well? I know there are Session, Hybrid, Dark, and Fast Crashes. I'm sure the...
  5. C

Head options for 14x5.75 Bubinga segment

First, the snare is a custom bubinga segment, 7/16in thick, double 45 bearing edges with a very VERY slight roundover only on the "apex" of the bearing edge... It certainly isn't a sharp double 45...It also has puresound twisted snare wires. I already have some ideas, but I'm just asking for...
  6. C

Trick Throw Off Screws

Ok...I am completing a segment shell snare...I ordered a trick throw off, but unfortunately, the screws are too short...I think they are made for a 5/16 inch shell, mine is 7/16. I'm not sure if Trick screws are proprietary. How am I to find screws that are longer? Should I order them from...