Search results

1. S

What pearl snare do I have?

Hey, I bought a pearl snare drum but I have no clue what series it is. It's 14x6.5, steel and that's all I really know about it. I paid 90GBP for it so I know it's not a great snare. I have pictures so I'll let them do the talking :D
  2. S

Selling a drum and keeping options open?

Hey, I currently have a 13x9 rack, 16x16 floor and another 18x16 floor tom. I don't use the 18x16 tom because It's not really easily accessible to me due to the layout of the room and I can't turn around far enough to hit anything but the very edge of the head. Would I lose any options in...
  3. S

What heads now?

Hey, I'm looking for a different set of heads to put on my Gretsch Catalina Club kit. I've got Remo Ambassadors/Emperors on my toms with a Powerstroke III on my snare, and a Superkick II on my bass drum. I'm happy with my bass drum sound, it's my toms and snare I'm not so happy about. My snare...
  4. S

Intermediate/Pro Snare?

Hey, I'm looking to start saving up for a new snare. Everything I have is pretty decent stuff barring my snare. It's just a cheap Pearl one so I'm looking at other snares, preferably 14x6.5 but I'm open to other sizes too. I have 2 snare at the moment (my pearl and my snare that came with the...
  5. S

Paiste PST3 18" China?

Hey, One of my friends told me about another one of his friends that's selling off some stuff because she needs the money, and they're offering one of these chinas with a boom stand for 75GBP. Is this a good deal? I always wanted a china and the AA Metal-X one is quite expensive and I'm a...
  6. S

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod for punk?

Evening, Basically, I've decided to get rid of my Club Rock kit as it's bloody massive, it's too loud and too big to carry to gigs. I'm still interested in owning a Gretsch kit though, so is the Club Mod any good for pop punk, punk, rock, that type of thing? I'd rather not go for the mini mod...
  7. S

Ok, Major problem with tuning now...

I posted about 6 weeks back about tuning my drumheads and I sort of tuned my heads, but they fell out of tune again because they're new. I just end up frustrated with it and give up with it. I managed to tune the snare pretty well, but that was luck I reckon. I only tuned the batter as well, the...
  8. S

Sabian Version of Zildjian A Sweet Ride?

Hey, I recently got a set of Sabian AA Metal-Xs (14" Hats, 18"/19" crashes and 20" Ride) but the ride isn't all that crashable. It just sounds really "bleh". It has a great bell sound to me but that's all it's good for. I could use the 19" crash as a ride but I'd rather not, they're really...
  9. S

Clueless about drum heads!

I recently bought a Gretsch Catalina Club Rock kit, and while I know how to physically play it, I know next to nothing about maintaining the thing. I attempted to tune it (and yes, I have read the tutorial - maybe I'm just a little slow...) but I still have the stock heads on it. I bought a...