Search results

1. Frosticles

Yamaha Crosstown Hardware

Bought a set last week with an extra cymbal stand. Got around to setting it up today. Overall opinions - wonderful. Superbly made, stable & super light. One BIG gripe though is the Hi-Hat Stand. Almost impossible to use with a double pedal as the base is fixed & cannot be turned :( looks like...
  2. Frosticles

Swap Premier Artist Maple for Crush Sublime E3 Maple?????? Thoughts

I have just acquired a Premier Artist Maple (British made) As I regret selling my last one. Have been offered a Crush Sublime E3 Maple as a straight swap. I have no knowledge of the Crush. Any thought from you all? Kind regards, Kevin
  3. Frosticles

Crappy Sonor Force 2001 Head Choice?

I have just purchased a rather crappy Sonor Force 2001 (£50) for kit share gigs. A little reading up on the thing & it mentions that head choice is important as only certain heads will sound good on it. Anyone have this thing & what is your head choice? Ta muchly :)
  4. Frosticles

Help needed with DW MDD Pedal. (Pic required)

Slight curiosity with my MDD pedals. Can someone who also has some of these please take a pic of the main pedal where the bearing fits into the post on the side nearest the shaft. My bearing seems to sit proud by about 1mm. I have measured the distance between the posts at the bottom & at the...
  5. Frosticles

Toying with the idea of the DW MDD Pedals............. Convince me......or not :)

I have a chance of a pair of these & am curious. Never played DD's before. I currently have a brand new pair of 9002's currently on chains. (Straps available if I wanted) & also a pair of Iron Cobra Coiled Powerglides which I take on tour as I don't care too much for them. Been watching a few...
  6. Frosticles

Bored & fed up with the constant rain.......

Crappier weather than usual here in the UK. Cold, extremely wet & windy. Has been for a week now :( So, to cure today's boredom I set up both my kits. Much happier now.......... Decided that I am going to sell the PDP/DW Rack though. 9Y0A5974 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr 9Y0A5967 by Kevin...
  7. Frosticles

Needing a very rare Pearl 10" Tom. Having problems.

Hi all. Have asked this over on the PDF Forum but also thought it wouldn't harm to ask here also. I am trying to fins a 10" tom for my Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" kit. I know these are very rare kits & even more so here in the UK. I have emailed Pearl but am yet to receive a reply :(...
  8. Frosticles

2 cracks in a month.........

In the past 20 years I have never cracked a cymbal (Zildjian) but, have cracked two (Non-Zildjian 18 & 19 crashes) in a month. They have both gone in the same place but have been told it isn't a manufacturing defect so not covered under warranty. In the past, I have suffered cracks from either...
  9. Frosticles

Cramping problems. Solution?

Hi all, Have been suffering from cramping of my right hand (Especially the thumb) during the first two or 3 songs of our set. Have been doing lots of warm up exercises before we play which I usually start a couple of hours before. Finger stretches etc. I am also beginning to cramp up in my...
  10. Frosticles

Manufacturing error or something else?

Had this happen last weekend :( Mortified. Heard it go off mid set. First cymbal break for 20 years & the cymbal has had only light use really :( To me, looks like a manufacturing fault to go in that place & that pattern? Thoughts....... fullsizeoutput_e7d by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
  11. Frosticles

Been a long time. Remo CS Black Dots

The last time I used these would have been over 30 years ago on my old Premier Royal knacker. They are still, to me, the coolest looking heads available :) Tuned up & they sound fantastic. Looking forward to gigging with them in a couple of weeks. fullsizeoutput_e69 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
  12. Frosticles

Black Panther Blaster Snare wire size?

Have a 13x7 Blaster & am wondering if I can fit 30 strand Pure Sound wires? I have done this on my Tama SLP G-Maple but the gaps on the bottom hoop look wider on that. Anyone fitted wider wires to a Blaster?
  13. Frosticles

DW9000 Bass Drum Clamp upgrade?

I have an earlier 9000 double pedal & think the Bass Drum Clamp is crap! The later "Tri" Clamp looks much better. Can these be easily swapped over? Have done a quick search but can't find anything. many thanks in advance.
  14. Frosticles

Mapex Saturn identification

Hi there, I have just picked up this Mapex Saturn. It was described as a "Manhattan: Sizes (I think) are 22x20, 10x7(8?), 12x8(9?) & 16x14. Colour is Transparent Walnut. Any idea what year these would be from? Any more info on them? Many thanks In Advance :) s-l1600 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr...
  15. Frosticles

Headset for vocals??

Fed up of banging my teeth on Mic's on a stand. Am looking for headset now to be as unobtrusive as possible & good for the odd squawk from my gob :) Recommendations?
  16. Frosticles

Alesis DM10 = Rubbish..........

Had this horrible thing for 3 years now & have never got anything like a decent sound out of it. Constantly mis-triggers & is generally crap in every way. Anyone else here have anything good to say about this miserable "kit" ?
  17. Frosticles

Scymtek Xtreme Cymbals

Well, I took a punt on a full set of these yesterday (14" Hats, 16,17,18,19" Crash, 22" Ride, 20" China) for the bargain price of £400 including Hardcase. These will be my touring set as I get increasingly paranoid about taking my Zildjians on planes....... Have been trying to find out about...
  18. Frosticles

How many records have you made?

A curious question really. Vinyl, CD etc (Official releases only) Who has done what?
  19. Frosticles

Varukers in Detroit as part of our USA tour

Venue was switched at the last moment due to difficulties. A great night & we were as tight as they come :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge0UybC5gVI&t=324s&index=75&list=PL1snvRclpY24ljYykurnk1f3wdPegQVce
  20. Frosticles

Promo Video for the new Varukers album - "Damned & Defiant"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7yhBhF8JfQ