Search results

1. sebob

Roland TD-20S V-Pro Series

Hi! I'm looking for an e-kit around 2000-2500. I found a deal for Roland TD-20S V-Pro Series for 1700$. Is it a good deal? I saw previously the TD-20SX new for around 6500$. Is the TD-20S an older version of the TD-20SX? What are the big differences between both. Thanks!
  2. sebob

Student need feedback

Hello, I'm 17years old and I'm currently studying music at college. I upload on my website a recent video of myself playing some ideas and concepts randomly. I would really appreciate your comments. Here's the link: http://www.sebastienlachapelle.com/médias_eng.html Ciao!
  3. sebob

My new personnal Website!

www.sebastienlachapelle.com I always love to do website. I just decided to update mine recently. If you have any suggestions on new section that I should add or spelling errors to correct( because I speak french usually) don't be shy to tell them to me. Now I should put more time on my drumming...
  4. sebob

Live Drum'n'bass + Jimi Hendrix stuff

A more recent show that I made the May 22th in front of approximatively 600 persons. I think you should take a look at this. The bassist and me have compose the drum'n'bass especially for this event. There's also a kind of structured improvisation on Vodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix. It was to...
  5. sebob

Live drum solo - Lots of fun!

Hey drummers! Here's a live drum solo that I made before Christmas this year in front of approximatively 400 persons. (One of my best moment!) It was for a high school show. I want to say that this show was a turning point in my life that make me think of going to school in music next year. I...
  6. sebob

Mapex Meridian Maple update!!

Specs: DRUMS: Mapex Meridian Maple 7-piece In Redwood Fade Rack Toms : 8 - 10 - 12 Floor Toms: 14 - 16 Snare: 14 (meridian maple) Bass Drum: 22X20 CYMBALS: 14" Zildjian A Fast Crash 17" Zildjian A Custom Fast Crash 13" Zildjian ZBT Hats 18" Sabian AAX Extreme Chinese 12" Sabian AAX Splash 20"...
  7. sebob

Funk drumming + Solo

Hi, I've just done new videos : Solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNNb9WzC1Ew Funk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWgGuMnFXXs I need comments please! I've been playing for almost 3 years.
  8. sebob

The Recording Thread

Hi, I was looking for some infos on this topic and I didn't find a thread that was covering the general aspects of recording drums. It would be fine to know more about the different ways to record drums and the price range. I'm looking for some general informations like types of microphones...
  9. sebob

My snare project

Hi Drummer! Here's some pic of my first snare project. I build the shell myself. It's not finish yet. If you want to learn more on how to build drum go on www.drumshed.org It's a really helpful site.
  10. sebob

My New Mapex Meridian Maple 7 piece in RedWood Fade

Here's my brand new kit. This is a Meridian Maple Plus bass Fusion pop 22 in Redwood fade. Here's some quick spec: Drum Kit - 22x20 Bass Drum - 8x7, 10x8 and 12x9 Tom Toms - 14x12 and 16x14 Floor toms - 14x5.5 Snare Drum Cymbals - 13" Zildjian ZBT Hi-Hat - 17" Zildjian A custom Fast Crash -...
  11. sebob

My new video

Hi, I have played drum for 2 years and I seriously think to go in music at college. The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd11A0PM1cM (Check the polyrhythm at 2:36, It's 3 against 4 against 5) If you were me, would you make a career in music?
  12. sebob

Ostinatos? Polyrythm?

Hi, I would like to know what mean "Ostinatos"? I think it's related to the polyrythm. Am I right? Is it a kind of polyrythm? Thanks!
  13. sebob

Beater Questions

Hep! I thought of buying new beaters for my double bass pedal. Why? I own a Pearl Power Shifter and feel like the beater is heavy and slow. So, do you think it's a good idea to change my beaters or it's not useful? I would like to get some information on the kind of beaters that exist and...
  14. sebob

How to practice with discipline?

Hi, I need advice concerning my problem. I've played drum for only 2 years and I really enjoy it. The problem is, when i'm practicing, I'm unable to stay concentrate on a specific subject. For example, I started to do foot technic for 10 min and after I began a solo wich is not linked...
  15. sebob

Mapex Meridian Maple VS Pearl Vision VMX

Hi, I have a cheap Mapex Q serie and I want to uprgrade to a bigger and better drum set. I want a 7-pieces for sure. I'm split between the meridian maple and the vision VMX. I'm ready to put about 2000$ into that kit. Which one is better in your opinion? Is there other drum in this...
  16. sebob

The best effect pack? (splash and china)

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an effect pack that contain a splash and a china that worth approximately 160$. I found the Zildjian ZXT effect pack and i found they sound great(on the zildjian site). Did some of you have any suggestion to make or any experience with this pack. Here's what i'm...
  17. sebob

2 solo need comments

Hello drummers! I'm 15 years old and I have played drum for only one years and I think I'am in love with this instrument! I need comments from pro like you to go to the next step. So please leave a response! The most recent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHtAl3W5Jgg And an older...