Search results

1. B

Two Cymbals Two Sizes Two Totally Different Sounds

In what galaxy is Bosphorous popular, much less the Nola series ?
  2. B

You sound the way you sound regardless of the PDP or the $8500 DW Exotic

I don't understand that. Or I do understand it intellectually but ultimately don't choose to differentiate like that.
  3. B

When i was shopping for some drums about 5 years ago I compared, in person, Yamaha AHM and Gretsch Broadcasters. And I definitely like the Broadcasters better. But I sounded exactly the same on each kit :-)
  4. B

So at the blues fest the sound of the drums changed ? There's the sound of the drums. And also the sound of the drummer. Anyway ...
  5. B

What's the obsession with cost vs value vs sound ?

I've gone ahead and posted something about that so thank you for the nudge
  6. B

OK, here's another hopefully interesting comment that maybe folks want to chime in on I play a fairly decent gig that involves traveling and backline. The leader of this gig has chosen to spend most of 2023 doing solo shows, which means that the sidemen that have been consistent and loyal for...
  7. B

This is another thread, perhaps, and it's something I've been talking to my friends about. You are who you are regardless of the drums and cymbals that you play. But to comment on something on your post. There is absolutely, positively, without any doubt, no way that you will sound like someone...
  8. B

Exactly. Probably 6 people try to help the poster and answer the question while another 14 just say what they play :-).
  9. B

Thank you for all the responses. And yes, I understand most everybody's point of view with this, even if I come off snarky or dismissive. And maybe the way people shop online has changed all this. You used to go into a store, at least the store where I worked in the 80s, and you had a Pearl...
  10. B

Since you have chosen to isolate my words, let me clarify something I bought based on sound, the best sound that I could afford. I can think of a few instances where there were drums that I absolutely loved, but could not afford them. A Canopus Zelkova snare at the time, and a Round Badge...
  11. B

I get that it's a drum forum. I just can't believe the incessant and consistent and nonstop nature and posting off that particular question. Stickies, they're there for a reason. My new motto. Yeah, I know. I should probably just leave.
  12. B

Please, somebody ....anybody fill me in on human nature. What is this obsession every nine days with the comparison of kits at different price points and if they're " worth it". Swear to God, in my 30 years of buying drums, it's never anything that I have thought of. Never never never. I...
  13. B

Craviotto Drum Kits

me
  14. B

Uptown 18 Ride ?

Maybe Zach Danziger
  15. B

...Gear crash is coming..

All good. It's a punchy morning over here Adapt or die :)
  16. B

How is that some kind of personal flaw ? Like that's too much to ask ?
  17. B

Adapt to what ? Mail order? The future will not have stores at all ?
  18. B

Eddie Bayers

Im kind of a Greg Morrow World Famous Headliners fan myself
  19. B

You've made your views known. I'm happy you get what you want and that it serves you. Mine however are quite different. Amazon is the devil. They can go eff themselves, every day and twice on Sunday
  20. B

Uggggggh. I hate online shopping. Ocasionally it's the only way, mostly due to timing and not being able to wait for a store to get it. But I'm never happy about it.
Back