Search results

1. DrummerMic

New Snare: Ludwig Classic Maple?

Hey, I currently own a Yamaha Stage Custom kit. The bass and toms sound great but the snare could use an upgrade. I am looking for something that could work well for jazz trios, big bands, funk, light fusion and light rock. Basically, the sound I am looking for is rich in depth when tuned low...
  2. DrummerMic

Any percussionists on DW!

Hey DW, I've been reading so many drum posts lately that I've realized the lack of percussion posts; there are virtually zero posts that cover percussion outside of the drum set. I was wondering, how many of you guys play orchestral and/or ethnic percussion as well as drums set? Just...
  3. DrummerMic

drummerworld app

I was just going to start a thread about this. :o Anyway, I would LOVE a Drummerworld app. Seriously, I would buy for a million bucks (well...). It would be so cool to have the informational section with the solos and clinic and then have this awesome forum in a smart-phone layout! What could be...
  4. DrummerMic

Mapex Saturn: the Never Ending Joke.......

By now, we've all heard the Mapex Saturn joke. Apparently, the answer to anything and everything is Mapex Saturn. The question is where did this come from? Who started it? Why? I think it is absolutely hilarious and I was wondering why it started. (The person who answers "Mapex Saturn" is...
  5. DrummerMic

Yamaha Oak Custom Identification and Thoughts

Currently I am using a Yamaha Stage Custom snare and it's decent tuned up high for light jazz, but I want something bigger and fuller. I have always loved the sound of the high end Yamahas. I recently stumbled across thiese links on guitar center and I thinks it's a killer deal...
Back