Search results

1. A

Gavin Harrison here!

Gavin, what about the Speed Cobra Double trumps the other double pedals you’ve tried.
  2. A

Has anyone here used the alternative Roc n Soc seats? Hugger, square, round

RnS Hugger acquired. Havn’t had time to practice for long on it. Felt solid from the 5-10 minutes I sat on it. Definitely more form fitting to my bum vs the Original seat
  3. A

Thanks for this. Have you ever sat on the Original tractor seat? I was curious if you enjoyed the Hugger more so than the Original. I felt good on the Original, but it felt bigger than necessary. If I was a big boy I think I would have loved the size of the seat, but I felt like it was slightly...
  4. A

Wait, the Hugger was more restrictive than the Original? Or were you comparing it to the Round?
  5. A

Sat on the round last night. I will say for a round throne it felt pretty good and I typically dislike round thrones. Based on my body frame and advice from RnS I think I'll proceed with the Hugger. Looking to see if anyone has any last minute advice before pulling the trigger.
  6. A

For a male who is 5'7, average weight, stocky build, which would you say would fit me best? Any additional thoughts on the Square seat in contract to the Original? I've only sat on the Original thus far. Trying out a round tonight. RnS told me today via email that the square might not be a...
  7. A

I think I’ll go check out the used one near me just so I can see how it feels vs the cheapo rounds I used from Pearl.
  8. A

I’m having a hell of a time finding first hand accounts of the non-Original Roc n Soc seats. I reached out to RnS and they said the square is not super popular so it’s very hard to find and only typically done for special orders. I found a shop out east that has some squares on order and I may...
  9. A

Ahead Spinal G vs Roc n Soc Nitro for a smaller guy?

Been using the Ahead Spinal G for a few practice sessions. I’ve notice my left leg starts to feel “full” after about 30 minutes a few inches below my butt. It’s akin to the feeling you get when you wrap a string around your finger. I’m wondering if the edge of the throne is pushing into my leg...
  10. A

Using my fingers more with doubles to improve speed

I've been practicing and hitting a wall at 120bpm (16th notes). I can do 3-4 bars and it falls off, so I think I need to grind more at a slightly lower tempo. I notice I start to get tight/restrict my breathing and it's not relaxed. Did some reading online and noticed in the past people...
  11. A

Got the 3 leg without a back rest. I'll let everyone know how I like it when it comes.
  12. A

Found a deal on the Ahead Spinal G. Getting the Spinal G today. Two questions: 3 vs 4 legs? I heard 3 is typically better as it is more stable on uneven surfaces. Back vs no back? My Gibraltar throne has a back, but I feel like I hardly ever engage with it unless I sit really far back. Might...
  13. A

Practice anywhere 30 minutes to 2 hours. Depends on schedule. I can read. About 3-4 years, but first two years I barely practiced due to living in an apartment and my kit being back at home in my mom’s garage that’d I’d play whenever I went home.
  14. A

Been working more at them and seeing some progress after watching your posted videos and responses. I definitely realized my rebound stroke was not utilizing my fingers enough and they now sound much more even after improving my technique. Speed will come in time now that my technique is better...
  15. A

No. I've only ever felt this butt numbness/pain when sitting at this cheap Pearl round throne.
  16. A

Is my butt going numb/tingling a function of my Pearl throne being cheap or is it my body not liking a round throne? Like I said my Gibraltar tractor seat does not give me this issue
  17. A

Seems similar to the video. Flicking the wrist down, stick rebounds and you’re using your fingers to control the stick and send it back down.
  18. A

My doubles are horrendous. I seem to hit a speed ceiling that I can't get past. I recently found this youtube video: Double Strokes Explained This video really broke down the mechanics of how a double stroke should function. I started working on some of the exercises mentioned in the video and...
Back