Search results

1. Dirtysticks

Guitar Center Screw Up is my Come up

That happened to me a few years ago and they called me from the store saying that I stole it and were going to call the police on me for theft and fraud. I told them that I just bought what was tagged for the advertised price but they retorted "but you know drums and that it's not a Supralite so...
  2. Dirtysticks

I'm looking at getting a metal snare. Any recommendations?

Nice choice. Those are pretty versatile and sound great.
  3. Dirtysticks

Ever get a really good sound from a cheap drum?

Those sounded good because that's what Ringo played lol.
  4. Dirtysticks

My 8x14 Brady Jarrah and my 8x14 Premier Mahogany w/ re-rings (converted from a tom) are 2 of my most versatile snares. They both can go from low and gutty to high and pure crack with a few twists of the drum key. If you like the sound of it, then get it. You could also split that budget up and...
  5. Dirtysticks

FREE DRUMLESS

Nice... sounds like a fun track to work out on.
  6. Dirtysticks

Going Gretsch. Will I be happy with a set of Renowns?

You'll love them! Congrats!
  7. Dirtysticks

What ultimately made you decide on the brand of drums you play?

I have 3 kits currently: Tama Granstar: I chose that one because it sounded great and was affordable. Yamaha 7000 Series: I chose that one because it sounded great and was affordable. Was a good contrast to the thick shelled birch Granstar. Crush Sublime E3: I chose that one because it sounded...
  8. Dirtysticks

Snare Resonant head thickness?

I am good with a 3mil head from most of the major manufacturers. Currently I have 21 snare with Aquarian, Remo and Evans all represented as snare side heads. I've tried 2mil before and got a good sound with great sensitivity but that sound didn't last as long once the bottom head began to...
  9. Dirtysticks

PDP Concept select Bell Bronze snare drum WOW

I don’t know anyone who would pay that much for a PDP snare lol... bell brass or not.
  10. Dirtysticks

Pearl BLX

If you don’t buy it, let me know where it is so I can! That’s a great deal. One of my all time favorite lines from Pearl.
  11. Dirtysticks

Going Gretsch. Will I be happy with a set of Renowns?

Great sounding pro level kit. Renown kits can handle anything a drummer would need. I played a set in my church for years, had them tuned from high and bright to low and thuddy, and they were great all the way through. We switched to a DW Design kit when we remodeled and wanted a black kit and...
  12. Dirtysticks

What's your latest purchase?

This Tama Imperialstar “King Beat” (more like a Powerline now lol) is one of the most cutting snares you will ever hear. It has a heavy gauge seamless steel shell! Found this shell for the low, added some lugs and hardware and brought it back to life.
  13. Dirtysticks

And then there was ONE

What set did you keep?
  14. Dirtysticks

Whats the loudest, funkiest, crack-nastiest, high & tight snare you've ever heard?

A Ludwig Acrolite cranked as tight as possible played by Chris Dave!
  15. Dirtysticks

Here are some pics. Stich Chopper hoop on top, triple flange on the bottom, Steel wires, extended butt plate, and standard strainer. I used rubber grommets on the holes where the internal muffler was mounted. This is now setup just how I like it. No muffler, easy and funtional strainer, great...
  16. Dirtysticks

I recently bought a Rogers Dynasonic snare because I wanted to add a brass snare to my collection. I just finished putting it together and getting it playable. I bought the COB shell for $94.96 (including shipping), the 10 lugs for $16.25, the throw for $12.90, the wires for $4, I already had an...
  17. Dirtysticks

About that Dynasonic I recommended earlier. I just finished putting it together and getting it playable. I spent a grand total of $177.10 and this is some of the best money I have spent on a snare. This sounds great. It doesn't have that fancy strainer system that came on the Dynasonics and I...
  18. Dirtysticks

Are people hoarding their twenties?

I have a 20” Pearl Championship marcher that I converted to a kick. Sounds great!
  19. Dirtysticks

Best way to keep tension rods tight

Get a couple lug locks for the two lugs where you hit and play between the lugs. The Tama, Gibraltar, Gauger or Tuner-Fish should all do the trick.
  20. Dirtysticks

Non-standard heads for Acrolite

Yeah I’m also not getting the crappy sound argument either way. If you take the control rings out then you have brand new head at Ambassador weight which should sound good. If you use either of the heads as is, they will sound good, if not a bit different than what you may be used to in an...
Back