Search results

1. JoeVermont

Storing drums- Advice?

Plug or obstruct any holes to keep critters from moving in. I had a kick drum stored outside of a case for a winter in my basement. Springtime came around and a mouse had apparently gotten in there and could not get out. There was pee and poop all over the place - plus a dead mouse. I ended...
  2. JoeVermont

What are you listening to right now?

I know what you mean, when I hear that song I'm instantly transported back to 1975. Danger, internet rabbit hole ahead ;) https://www.ultimate70s.com/seventies_history/19750426/music
  3. JoeVermont

According to the interwebs, the late Jim Gordon behind the kit....
  4. JoeVermont

Something new

Ergonomic engineering - well done! I did a similar thing on a rehearsal kit at our guitarist's place. It was a 22" kick with really big/deep toms (Sunlite brand, maybe?), so the batters were really up there. Spreading them out like you did at least got the toms clear of the kick drum so they...
  5. JoeVermont

Yammy Stage Custom Hip vs Sonor AQ2 Bop

I know nothing about the Sonor.... BUT .... I've heard the Yammy in action - and I really did not like the sound of the kick drum... at all! The note it was tuned to was low enough but (as one would expect) the drum had no body or depth to the sound. It was very flat sounding. BTW, I am not a...
  6. JoeVermont

If you only have one crash cymbal, what size is it?

Sorry, couldn't resist....
  7. JoeVermont

Ooooohhhhhh My!!!!!! The clip of Jon Lord at the end is priceless. "We honestly didn't think Smoke on the Water was hit material. How wrong can you be?"
  8. JoeVermont

Heard this one in the movie The Gray Man.... this is groovy in an Austin Powers kind of way. Spinning Wheel by Shirley Bassey.
  9. JoeVermont

Unfortunately, Janine passed away earlier this year. https://stevemorse.com/in-memory-of-janine-morse/
  10. JoeVermont

I am a BIG BIG BIG fan of DP - these Ezrin produced LPs are really quite good. I was really sorry to see Steve Morse leave but Simon McBride's sound (and co-writing?) blends in nicely with the others in what is now Deep Purple Mark IX.
  11. JoeVermont

An early happy Independence Day to our friends in the US

Thanks, @yammyfan - I feel the same way about our neighbors to the north (which for me is a 25-minute drive). Oh, and belated happy Canada Day (7/1) 🇨🇦
  12. JoeVermont

Recorded 70 years ago today....... https://www.npr.org/2024/07/05/nx-s1-5026616/70-years-ago-elvis-recorded-what-would-become-his-first-hit-single
  13. JoeVermont

Wow! That is amazing - oh, couldn't help but notice that Yamaha kit
  14. JoeVermont

Tom angles!!!!

It's the "Internationale" ... so worldly.
  15. JoeVermont

Post your Gig Pics

Nice pix - very interesting, pallets supporting the stage... hmmmmm.... 🤔
  16. JoeVermont

I think Mr. Toot just might remind me of a former band member! This is hilarious - thanks for posting.... now deep diving on Ylvis stuff.
  17. JoeVermont

Boogie woogie time....
  18. JoeVermont

Tune-Bot and Snare Drums

Is there Might there be any appreciable temperature difference between the rooms? I'm wondering if the TuneBot's internal frequency reference may be drifting due to temperature - it's actually a pretty common problem, even for (so called) quartz referenced oscillators. Sorry, it's the...
  19. JoeVermont

So, I started getting back into the scene...

When someone asks for setlist I "Share" a Google doc with them. Ya, it's a test - only about half the people with whom I roll can deal with it (and they are not always the old guys). We do have two band members who have the set list on the i-devices. Good for them, hope they remember their...
  20. JoeVermont

Post your Gig Pics

A nice summer evening on the back deck of an artisan bistro.
Back