Search results

1. Elvis

What are you listening to right now?

...and to get this thread back on track...
  2. Elvis

You're welcome. That's a cut off their new album. It breaks in about 4 days (they're also gonna be on Jimmy Kimmel on the 27th). That bassist is Ale, the youngest of the 3 sisters. She's an endorsee with Spector, the company that makes that bass. Here's a video of her giving a run-down of all...
  3. Elvis

4. Elvis

Ludwig Classic Maple

That would be the second Modern Club Date drum I referred to. The Legacy series was already out by then, so Ludwig didn't return to m/p layup with the Club Date, they did so with the Legacy. However, earlier, I stated that I thought they used the Legacy shell to base those drums on. Apparently...
  5. Elvis

Video recording of 25 snare drums: cheap to expensive

It's like a hard plastic / Bakelite type material. Ford used them to make the pistons for their disc brake caliper's in the 80's and 90's (maybe still?). ...or, as Merriam-Webster is apt to say...
  6. Elvis

Gretsch Bop Kit: What Do You Vintage Guys Think?

You bring up some good points. I guess it all comes down to how bad does one want that particular kit and how much are they going to be driven to pay for it. Your bass analogy reminded me of something, though, which why I created this post. In 1985, I was rooming with a guy who was a guitar...
  7. Elvis

Thank you.
  8. Elvis

Ludwig Classic Maple

Maple/Poplar production, as used in kits, ended in the spring of '98. I remember the announcement and how everyone scrambled to get the last of the M/P shells before the supply ran out. That shell, in any form, didn't re-enter production until the advent of the Legacy shell. There were two...
  9. Elvis

Ludwig Classic Maple

They pretty much were already doing that. Around 1996, they came out with a 5 ply Maple/Poplar shell they called "Vintage". It was 6.1mm thick. When the 4 ply ended production the following year, the 5 ply shell took over the moniker "Super Classic" and held it until Maple/Poplar production...
  10. Elvis

Ludwig Classic Maple

4 ply Super Classic showed up in late 1988, so you couldn't have had that choice before then.
  11. Elvis

Ludwig Classic Maple

...and in case anyone's curious, there is NO difference in the sound of the 7 ply shell, vs. the 9 ply shell. I've A-B'd it personally.
  12. Elvis

Do you like UK/Canadian shows?

Never got into that one. It's on all the time, but I'm always watching something else. I'll have to check that out some time. Kim's Convinience was good, too. Murdoch, Heartland, Still Standing, all great shows. Still waiting for the second season (supposedly now in production) of Plan B to hit...
  13. Elvis

Do you like UK/Canadian shows?

Just noticed they're reshowing "Blackberry: The Limited Series" on the CBC again. Starts 9pm tonight. FYI, in case you missed it last time.
  14. Elvis

15. Elvis

Video recording of 25 snare drums: cheap to expensive

Too bad we couldn't have gotten a sampling of the Phenolic shell version.
  16. Elvis

Ludwig Classic Maple

Agreed. They're great sounding kits.
  17. Elvis

Starlight Sparkle will have a slight reddish/purple-ish hue to it. It's actually mixed into the finish.
  18. Elvis

You quoted the wrong person. That was a quote from Woods and Weather's description of that kit. Cite them for the quote, please. Not me.
  19. Elvis

Playing drums without a band: what keeps you motivated?

I just like to play the drums. I think, in the end, you just have to like playing drums. If you like playing drums, you'll play regardless. Heck, I don't even need a drumset most times anymore. I just slap my legs or my tummy and tap my feet on the floor. It's kinda how I started out, so I guess...
  20. Elvis

Just drum props...

...I'll say it....MORE COWBELL! 😁 ;)
Back