Search results

1. 1 hit wonder

New to forum and wonder about greatest 500

Jon Fishman could have only done what Ringo did if he was in the Beatles in the days when Ed Sullivan had them on TV for America to see. But he came to be influenced to play drums by people like Ringo. And his successful band followed in the footsteps of other bands that already set the scene in...
  2. 1 hit wonder

New to forum and wonder about greatest 500

I don't know much about Ringo's playing. But he's my favorite Beatle based on personality and what behavior I've witneased from all of them. This 500 list, I'll have to seek it out for more enlightenment.
  3. 1 hit wonder

How long do you keep sticks?

I bet 5a would be less prone to warping? Seems like 35% of the 7a pack had a warp. I.played them anyway.
  4. 1 hit wonder

Progress Victories

I'm reassessing my playing and interest in drumming. I've run into some patches of people who view drummers as something other than worthy of merit. It's fun but could be more fun with like minded people. I learned Whipping Post on bass, but went to a jam playing drums and had to learn it on...
  5. 1 hit wonder

How long do you keep sticks?

Nylon tips; I got the cheap, commonly warped 7a no name sticks from Guitar Center in the bulk bag once or twice. The tips never came off.
  6. 1 hit wonder

I tried Rob Brown’s tuning method last night

My opinion on when to change heads is that it depends on your shells and are you recording or gigging. The Roger's drums I ended up with as starter drums responded to head changes. The 1st gen Signia Maple shells (6mm undersized) really don't (this is for non-coated heads). A head change...
  7. 1 hit wonder

Soundguys ever complain about your unported kick?

Evidently I kick a little harder than a majority of players that I've seen around here.
  8. 1 hit wonder

DW5000 AH4 pedal

I need to get my old DW5000 double back together now that I've got more experience double pedaling. I'm interested to try the Speed Cobra double, but the Iron Cobra beaters don't center on my 22". I've got 2 of these double ICs. The left note doesn't sound just like the right. I like the feel...
  9. 1 hit wonder

Ever had something on your kit that the sound guy DIDN’T like?

Saw a band last night. I wish the sound guy would've worked on the speaker that was either clipping or blown.
  10. 1 hit wonder

Jazz tom tuning

I always wonder how much the recording process colored the sound too.
  11. 1 hit wonder

Ever sold gear because it was too nice to use?

It's a store of value in some cases, holding things you don't use for their intended purpose. I've got a bunch of that sort of thing. But sometimes you can keep them beyond their desirable life. Unpowered PA speakers lost appeal. Double hump SBC heads lost appeal compared to the LS swaps. I've...
  12. 1 hit wonder

Teen charged in assault of Rick Allen of Def Leopard

Added this paragraph later...Having been in a tight city, I don't want to go back to that. But if if had to I could. You might have a point there. Initial response... Well, regions work better with each other at high pops in some places than others. The Bangladeshi population is over the top...
  13. 1 hit wonder

Lol. Pfft. It's about 8 billion people. Put em where they are already. There's room.
  14. 1 hit wonder

I've met Americans with as many as 300 guns. Wealthy collectors can acquire multiples of that number. The Earth can support many more people. Every human alive could stand at one moment in an area the size of Jacksonville Florida.
  15. 1 hit wonder

There are so many, just pick any politicized topic and that will be one. Journalists and historians are pretty effective outright liars.
  16. 1 hit wonder

Exactly. But it is always propagandized and distorted greatly, especially in war/conflict.
  17. 1 hit wonder

Before there was written language , societies used (obviously) oral history but interestingly rhyming was integral to carrying the message beyond the times where memory of the event was clouded. At least for many groups. Regarding revision, I'm ok with it if it is done in a scholarly...
  18. 1 hit wonder

Hawaii having the longest lived ranking for the USA, I suspect is due to the Asian population increasing so. Same possibly for Washington state, California ranking so high?
  19. 1 hit wonder

Anyone ever own vintage 3-ply Slingerlands?

What.company or.companies will produce the from bass drum logo work? Thank you for any info.
Back